The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Here a sample I took with my new 2/75 wide open and new FW 1.2 in M8.

The cat is an American Curl ....

I think the colors come very good now!

And I love the 2/75 :angel:

woodyspedden

Maggie

After all the discussion and work, this image is just fantastic. Congratulations

woody
Maggie

I was reading on another thread that you shoot exclusively with CV lenses. If this image doesn't convince that it is the shooter not the equipment that makes the images then we are all hopeless.

I stand in awe of this image and the work you have done to take the out of camera image to this level.

Super congratulations

Woody Spedden

Maggie O

Woody, thank you for absolutely making my day with your kind words!!

I've really come to love my Voightländer lenses, especially the 35mm Ultron. (but really, all of them a sweet)

ptomsu, that is a gorgeous cat and I love how you've managed to catch the light in her eyes, so that they seem to glow from within. (and that ear hair is adorable!)

quadtones

This is only my second post here, and I have been enjoying the work that others are doing, and the generosity of the other posters in not only sharing and commenting, but also helping others realize their vision. After all the noiseless, vivid work--some great stuff on this site, I thought some gritty, "grainy" black and white would be in order...M8 files:

The first is from iso 1250, Voigtlander 75mm @ f2.5, grain added with the new DxO program [HP5@ gain emulation, if I recall].

The second is the 28mm Summicron, a lens which I have grown to love. About f2.8, again iso 1250, with Delta 400 grain emulation. This is one of a series that have all been shot at a particular table at a local bistro over the past several months, all titled "Table 7." Some interesting goings on, there....

I hope the resolution is not too low, but the original files uprez nicely, and have held up to 20" wide with Piezotone ink, with good result.

Norm

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Nice shots and just a FYI you can go 900 pixels wide in either direction. Welcome and have fun

PeterA

Maybe a silly idea - but really this thread is way too long to follow - maybe start a new one called fun time with M8 #2 or better still how about start a new one each month..just a thought...:lecture:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

This is one of a series that have all been shot at a particular table at a local bistro over the past several months, all titled "Table 7." Some interesting goings on, there....
I love your idea for a series....very nice work.

Daniel

Maybe a silly idea - but really this thread is way too long to follow - maybe start a new one called fun time with M8 #2 or better still how about start a new one each month..just a thought...:lecture:
makes sense to me.

mwalker

Subscriber Member

cv15

Three hundred year old cherry oak the oldest in the state of Illinois. Located in the swamps of southern Ill. Click to enlarge.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
More and more fun with M8 images

In the night the oil rig amongst the petrochemical industry looked like a magic carpet. The storm pulled the smoke from the stacks straigt, making this image.
I had my tripod with me, but the wind was to strong for a stable shot, so I pressed the M8 against my windscreen, and used AE @ -3 EV, ISO 160, Summicron 35 asph.

Industrial Alladin

Last edited: