The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Leica 77

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hello impo,
Great images of the Stanford University Chapel! Cheers! Leica 77

stevem8

Here are three that were ALL shot with the Leica 50 Lux PRE-ASPH, all wide open!

Leica 77

Hello stevem8,
My favorite is the "Six Pac Vacuum Tube Amplifier". The out-of-focus areas around the glass tubes are priceless. All the best, Leica 77 :)

N

nei1

Steve,......What a shame,I was genuinly looking forward to your comparison of the pre and post aspherical 50 luxs.Im surprised that cost was youre criteria for the comparison.A missed opportunity,....would it be too much for you to include a film shot,not as a digital analogue thing but as a reference to full frame performance?.....all the best.Neil.

stevem8

Steve,......What a shame,I was genuinly looking forward to your comparison of the pre and post aspherical 50 luxs.Im surprised that cost was youre criteria for the comparison.A missed opportunity,....would it be too much for you to include a film shot,not as a digital analogue thing but as a reference to full frame performance?.....all the best.Neil.
Well it was not only cost. It was also due to the fact that I no longer have the ASPH version here :)

Honestly, I have used the ASPH extensively and it is really he PERFECT 50 if that is your cup of tea. The Pre ASPH and Zeiss Sonnar are very nice if you like a more classic look. The PRE ASPH is not as sharp or crisp at 1.4 as the ASPH.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out! I appreciate it!

Steve

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

It's been a while since I posted here. Haven't used the M8 as much lately, with the new arrival of the E-P1. But I still love taking the M8 out for some candid shots...

Lloyd

It's been a while since I posted here. Haven't used the M8 as much lately, with the new arrival of the E-P1. But I still love taking the M8 out for some candid shots...
Beautiful shots, Mike. And I'm still amazed by your B/W conversions. (BTW, watch out, she'll be wanting a real convertible of her own, or at least asking for your keys, before you know it!)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I am learning the limits of the new VC Nokton 50/1.1. Here is a sample at
F2:

Bob

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks Lloyd. She's already asking, even though she can't drive for another 8 years :)

jonoslack

Thanks Lloyd. She's already asking, even though she can't drive for another 8 years :)
Don't you mean another 18 years? (being allowed to, and being able to are not the same thing).

Charming though - just like her Dad's pictures

docmoore

Woody,

Athough I took one I did not post it as I thought it was not a subject that would benefit from the razor edge dof. I will try and work it up later today...had the distinct pleasure of spending the night in the surgery suite.

Should post later this afternoon if I am not called in again.

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Doc

I would love to see this same shot at 1…1. That is really where the comparison to Noctilux rubber hits the road

Thanks

Woody
Woody,

This is the same at F 1.1. Please note that the focus was on the arm rail at the near back curve of the chair. Also of note is the moderately extensive blooming at the highlight found on the near hoop rising from the arm rail, which is more pronounced at 100% view.
The histogram was no where near the right side and I have a hard time seeing this as overexposure....

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited: