The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

C

canon5dshooter

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Very nice images Riccis! I reckon I'll be buying one of these soon.

etrigan63

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

You know the "Naked Cowboy" tried to run for Mayor. I don't think he got enough signatures to get on the ballot.

DavidE

Amazing series, David. So nice. (I still HATE it when you show us stuff shot with that 18, dammit!! :cussing::cussing: Not good for my wallet!! :cussing:
Thanks, Lloyd. The 18mm during the day and 50 lux at night turned out to be a great combination.

I wonder if the 18 will be too wide for steady use with the M9. If I get an M9 (hesitant to say when I get an M9), I'll probably shift more to the 28 cron and 50 lux. The 50 lux seems to capture things I didn't see when I looked through the viewfinder (there must be a hidden slot within the camera that's labeled "add magic glow here").

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Whoa! Lots of nice images on display here!

here are a couple of small things seen while walking in Belfast (ME) today.

John Black

I love the 50 Lux ASPH for close-in shooting. A bit worried that the M9's min. 1 meter focus distance might not work as well as the M8's. M8 / 50 Lux ASPH wide-open -

Lloyd

I love the 50 Lux ASPH for close-in shooting. A bit worried that the M9's min. 1 meter focus distance might not work as well as the M8's. M8 / 50 Lux ASPH wide-open -
Beautiful portrait. Love the b/w. I could be wrong (jump in and tell me... but there's nothing in the technical specs about it), but I think the minimum focus distance is lens dependent, and not determined by the camera. The framelines of the M9 are optimized for the 1 meter focus, but if the lens allows, you should be able to focus closer.

John Black

Lloyd, I hope you are correct. I was read something that left me with the impression that anything shorter than 1M was a no go. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Stuart Richardson

I definitely think Lloyd is right here. M cameras have been focusing to .7m for decades...they just made the framelines accurate for 1m again, like they are in the film M cameras (as opposed to .7m in the M8 and 2m in the M8.2).

Stuart Richardson

That's strange, but the only thing I can think of is that it is a lens-specific problem. Most 50mm pre-asph summiluxes only focused to 1m, maybe that has something to do with it?

John Black

Thanks Stuart. I knew I read it somewhere. Mine is an ASPH, so maybe it'll be fine. Fingers crossed :)