The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Can't let the M8 images thread sink to the bottom as the M9 gets all the platitudes ... so here are a few from earlier in the summer.

Kurt

Lloyd

Can't let the M8 images thread sink to the bottom as the M9 gets all the platitudes ... so here are a few from earlier in the summer.

Kurt
I agree completely, Kurt. Very nice stuff. Is that Alaska?

DavidE

Those are excellent, Kurt.

Here's my contribution to keeping the thread alive. A shot of Central Park from the flight back last week (28 cron), and the George M. Cohan statue in Times Square (50 lux... somehow expected it to look like Jimmy Cagney)

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

f 10

@ Kurt: You are absolutely right - I will never forget the M8 - The first one is wonderful

@ DavidE: The first one is nice - reminds me of the old style of B / W Photography, the second I like extremely well

M8 Noctilux @ 1,0

Last edited:

DavidE

M8 Noctilux @ 1,0
f 1,0: I really like the yawning (laughing?) dog photo. Not sure why, but the thin depth of field works especially well there.

Two more from Times Square using the 18mm. Experimenting with color processing -- I figure it's the best way to learn.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

f 1,0: I really like the gnarly (chewing? laughing?) dog photo. Not sure why, but the thin depth of field works especially well there.

Two more from Times Square using the 18mm. Experimenting with color processing -- I figure it's the best way to learn.
These are both great, David. And I really like your processing. :thumbup:

A

alexanderruas

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

I know just what you mean, GlennB. I would have been as well.

As for the M9, I've pretty much decided to hold off for a while... see how things shake out. "Once bitten, twice shy", I guess. I'm still very happy with my M8, and as much as I love the changes (most of them) in the M9, I really see it more as an evolution of the M8... nothing groundbreaking/earthshaking really... so, nice to have, but nothing I can't live without... at least for a while. We'll see.
i have to say that for me going from not full size sensor to full size is groundbreaking. As I shot 135 & 120 film for 15 years before going digital in the last five I have always had a hard time with the sensors that are not full size.
I assumed it was the same for most who came from film... that it was an age thing. But I am probably wrong about that ;-)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I hope I can add some decent shots to this over the weekend. I will be testing and doing a paying gig with the M9 and test shots are not going to cut it so hopefully I can get out and actually shoot for me and get something worthwhile to post on this thread.

gero

i have to say that for me going from not full size sensor to full size is groundbreaking. As I shot 135 & 120 film for 15 years before going digital in the last five I have always had a hard time with the sensors that are not full size.
I assumed it was the same for most who came from film... that it was an age thing. But I am probably wrong about that ;-)
I have to say it is groundbreaking for me too. I come from digital(small sensor),digital(M8) and just to have the chance to use the lenses ff is gb. The only thing that makes me be patient (apart from$) is that I am enjoing film M allot)

otumay

I came across this peculiar-shaped ship last month. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of vessel it is?
M8, Apo-Summicron 90 ASPH.
Osman

fotografz

I hope I can add some decent shots to this over the weekend. I will be testing and doing a paying gig with the M9 and test shots are not going to cut it so hopefully I can get out and actually shoot for me and get something worthwhile to post on this thread.
FedEx just delivered. Loaded the new firmware and, as promised, took forum member David Bogdan to lunch and a beer for helping me with my A900.

No art, just some first snaps as we enjoyed some Brewskis, sliders and great conversation.

Will get serious with the M9 later ... ;) I'm interested in how ISO 800 and 1000 works when the light gets lower.

These were with the 28/2 ASPH and 50/1.4 ASPH @ ISO 200. Seems promising.

Stuart Richardson

I don't really know, but it just looks like a container ship that is not carrying regular containers. The things it is carrying look like the cranes they use to remove containers at ports. So maybe it is moving some of those, or maybe it is some sort of construction vessel, like for building oil platforms. It is quite a striking shape though, isn't it?

Lloyd

I came across this peculiar-shaped ship last month. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of vessel it is?
M8, Apo-Summicron 90 ASPH.
Osman
That is a strange one. I've never seen one like it before.

jonoslack

Hi There
Lovely shots Riccis
Lloyd - resistance is useless!

Commuting Cretan Style

90 elmarit ISO 160

Football Madness

75 'cron ISO 160

Walking the Dog (and telling it like it is)

75 'cron ISO 1250

leif e

An Irish read at an Irish pub in Soho (London) ... M8, ZM 4,5/21 Silver Efex Pro
leif e

Last edited:

Lloyd

An Irish read at an Irish pub in Soho (London) ... M8, ZM 4,5/21 Silver Efex Pro
leif e
That is another truly wonderful image, Leif. The b/w is simply perfect.

(Don't get this guys after you by posting a lowly M8 image in the M9 thread :bugeyes: Just say is an M9 shot, and no one will be the wiser. :thumbup:)

Lloyd

Passion and photography
50 'lux
Lovely shot, and moment.

Jono, I suspect at some point (don't know if you've seen the trials and tribulations I had with my M9, which is now back in Leica's hands), but it may take me a while to come back around.