The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

R

Ranger 9

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

I don't see how anyone can BASH these Photos...
they are ASTOUNDINGLY Beautiful
They are great-looking, but I have to admit that I don't see anything particularly "Leica-ish" about any of them... at least, not that can be seen looking at web-size images on a monitor. There are images on other forae, made with other cameras, that have just much depth, sharpness, blackness, richness, roundness, and [insert other subjective value here.]

Still, if a particular camera gives you the confidence to do your best work, then it's helping you make better pictures.

kweide

My Oly heart always had a second side: Leica M, and now it makes boom boom boom...

It all your fault :)

N

nei1

They are great-looking, but I have to admit that I don't see anything particularly "Leica-ish" about any of them....
Perhaps if you could explain what that is we could all help you look but personally I think its something that comes with film and a few select images by a few select photographers with a commonality of purpose and view.
This has been exploited by leica for decades,quite rightly,but I fear in this digital world we are left with a beautiful camera that doesnt blink.If you want the leica look then "look " inside not outside.:)

I think I should add that while the leica look is inextricably linked to film Im sure that leica and its new and old users will eventually find a new look from the digital cameras which is maybe what its about.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

.. a few select images by a few select photographers with a commonality of purpose and view.
This has been exploited by leica for decades,quite rightly,..
That part resonates with me and I agree with it.

(I would personally leave the film/digital out of the equation)

Lloyd

An Irish read at an Irish pub in Soho (London) ... M8, ZM 4,5/21 Silver Efex Pro
leif e
You know what, Leif, I've been back to look at this image a number of times, and it continues to grow on me. First off, the b/w is simply stunning, but the other elements of the shot are so, so good. I love the texture of the wood, etc., and the framing and composition. But the movement outside the window really adds so wonderfully to the image. Just a great shot all around.
:clap::clap::clap:

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

These are both great, David. And I really like your processing. :thumbup:
Thanks, Lloyd. Sometimes it seems as though there's something in an image, but you have to experiment with the processing in order to understand what it is (if that makes sense).

Here are two more from NYC with the experimental color processing and one with traditional b&w processing. The color ones were the 18mm, and the black-and-white one was the 28 cron.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Thanks, Lloyd. Sometimes it seems as though there's something in an image, but you have to experiment with the processing in order to understand what it is (if that makes sense).

Here are two more from NYC with the experimental color processing and one with traditional b&w processing. The color ones were the 18mm, and the black-and-white one was the 28 cron.
These are very nice, David. I like the color processing very much.

jlancasterd

I did my first 'serious' photography with the M9 today, using a CV 35mm f1.7 Ultron. I needed some shots of an enthusiast's special, which ran from Didcot to Blaenau Ffestiniog, for the FR Magazine. The weather was fairly overcast with occasional weak sun and I found I needed about a +2/3 increase in exposure to get detail in the shadows. I 'developed' the RAW images in Lightroom and found the resulting colour rendition to be very neutral. It reminds me of the results I used to get with Kodachrome 200.

The locomotive is D1015 'Western Champion', a 2,700hp diesel-hydraulic built at Swindon in 1963 and now preserved.

View attachment 22357

Last edited: