The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

gero

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

HI Roger
It's the church of St Stavros between Sfakia and Loutro.
Processed in Aperture, nothing especially done, it was carefully exposed for the
what a beautiful building-place-photo

It looks like a TINY church. or is this a wate effect?

how about a b&w version?

Last edited:

Lloyd

With apologies to Jono, I took a run at this as a b/w:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Thanks for the comment, Lloyd.

Hi Bébèrt, my mistake, all five are with the Nokton ... I like the image you posted, btw.

Kurt

fotografz

First feeble attempts at a real world job. 2 hour "Engagement Session". Produced about 230 shots. These people were very lucky as I normally don't do so much for an engagement shoot. But this was my first chance to use the M9 for a real job with limited control over the conditions at the locations the couple wanted shot ... which is par for the course in a lot of my work.

Some shots where they first met, and some in Downtown Royal Oak Michigan where they live. 80 or so will be used in a slide show at the wedding reception. Not a bad experience considering I got the camera a day prior to the shoot. :thumbs:

jonoslack

HI There
just found this one nestling amongst the Crete shots:

90 elmarit (such a lovely lens, and it's been banging about in my cupboard unused for the last 2 years!)

Lloyd

Stinker . . . I was saving that for later :) My version is a little more brutal than yours . . .but then I have more to work from!
A thousand pardons again, Jono. Love to see yours... you do, in fact, have more to work with... on any number of levels! :thumbup:

Lloyd

HI There
just found this one nestling amongst the Crete shots:

90 elmarit (such a lovely lens, and it's been banging about in my cupboard unused for the last 2 years!)
Nice shot... wonderfully silver conversion. Nice.

jonoslack

A thousand pardons again, Jono. Love to see yours... you do, in fact, have more to work with... on any number of levels! :thumbup:
No Pardons required - the principle is the same . . . I must work on being less predictable!

I am enjoying these M9 photos. I don't know if it is my imagination or a real thing, but I am seeing more texture (for a lack of a better term) than I am used to seeing from my M8 files - especially in the most recent photos from Mike, Jono, and Marc. They just seem to have more depth if that makes any sense.

Mark

S

sclamb

Wow - #2 and #3 (flying butterflies) are absolutely amazing. Congrats!
Thanks Mike :D

Ditto what Mike said!!!

Another Bravo on the flying butterflies.
Thanks David :D

Fun butterflies!

I can't believe my dealer is saying October 1st for delivery..... You guys got to the front of the line quicker than I did.
Thanks Steve :D Seems we did OK in the UK as the M9 was available from 9/9/9. We got lucky for a change.

The photos from the M9 are wonderful. I love the butterflies and the colorful walls from Santana Row.
Thanks Cindy :D

HI Simon
You make your own luck - those are great butterfly shots (nice to see someone else a summarit fan as well!)
Thanks Jono :D I love the Summarits, and I have the 75 and 35. OK, not the fastest lenses out there, but for the money they are sharp as a tack and feel like good quality build.

Nice picture of that Greek church. Given you needed to keep the texture in those bright white walls I guess you had some work to do to bring the sky out in the finished sample.

Simon

S

sclamb

Some shots I took this morning at Santana Row in San Jose. I punched up the color and contrast in LR2 for fun effect...

The colors out of the M9 are fantastic, and there's plenty of lattitude in the files to push them around.

ZM 21 Biogon @ f4:

50 lux asph wide open:

50 lux asph wide open:

50 lux asph wide open:

28 cron wide open:

75 cron wide open:

75 cron wide open:

ZM 21 Biogon @ f5.6:
Mike, what a wonderfully colourful collection of windows and walls. I remember seeing one such wall in Minorca but I couldn't get to photograph it as it was next to a busy dual carriageway and the only quiet time was at 3am.

Simon

Paratom

M9 in NY-City - I had one day off to spend in NY during a recent business trip. M9 with 21/2.8asph and Trielmar-28-35-50

from the bottom:

from the top:

one more:

Paratom

2 days earlier - in Indianapolis:

I find it quite usefull to use the wider lens as a "shift" lens by cropping the image afterwards. The 18MP help to give some more room for cropping IMO.