The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Paratom

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

ok-sorry for all the images - one last one - back home in Germany: (90 Elmarit)

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hate to burden your sensibilities with shots from the clearly inferior, wholly pedestrian, and now totally outdated M8, but since it's what's at hand, here are a few shots from a walk before work this am. All with my 1964 50 Summicron. All except the last shot were wide open. That one was at f5.6.

Bébèrt

Superb colors from this classic lens. Leica lenses seem to last forever and their spirit still kicks you right in the eye.
Needles to say, one doesn't always need the top of the shelve AsphericalNoctiSumiLux stuf...

Lloyd, we want more! (at least every morning)

Lloyd

Superb colors from this classic lens. Leica lenses seem to last forever and their spirit still kicks you right in the eye.
Needles to say, one doesn't always need the top of the shelve AsphericalNoctiSumiLux stuf...

Lloyd, we want more! (at least every morning)
Thank you, Bébèrt. Much appreciated.

f 10

Hate to burden your sensibilities with shots from the clearly inferior, wholly pedestrian, and now totally outdated M8, but since it's what's at hand, here are a few shots from a walk before work this am. All with my 1964 50 Summicron. All except the last shot were wide open. That one was at f5.6.
wow Lloyd,

i really love the first one :thumbup:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Lloyd, I love the colors in your beautiful photos.

Here are a couple from this morning. Dundee Mill Est. 1855
M8 and Canon 50 f/1.2

Lloyd

Lloyd, I love the colors in your beautiful photos.

Here are a couple from this morning. Dundee Mill Est. 1855
M8 and Canon 50 f/1.2
Beautiful images, Cindy. I love the dreamy, misty look of that first one. And Hollyhocks always make me homesick for my mother's garden from my childhood. Love that little spider's web as well. Very nice.

woodyspedden

Lloyd

Lots of us wish we had not made a decision to let the 135 go. I had a mint beauty and sold it, along with a bunch of other stuff, to fund the S2. Now with the M9 at hand that decision appears very short sighted

Woody

Lloyd

Lloyd

Lots of us wish we had not made a decision to let the 135 go. I had a mint beauty and sold it, along with a bunch of other stuff, to fund the S2. Now with the M9 at hand that decision appears very short sighted

Woody
"Short sighted" When you look that term up, you'll find my picture. :angry:

Maggie O

I came across this peculiar-shaped ship last month. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of vessel it is?
M8, Apo-Summicron 90 ASPH.
Osman
That's a specially-built, semi-submersible, heavy-lift vessel that is most often used to transport the cranes used in container ports. It looks like this one has three full-sized cranes on it, just ahead of the superstructure.

When the Port of Oakland took delivery of new cranes, the ship actually had its main deck awash to be able to clear the Golden Gate Bridge. It was quite a sight, according to friends of mine who saw it.

mwalker

Subscriber Member

Nice shots, great color and clarity. The 28 really sings on this camera.

Chemical distillation column....my line of work.

steflaurent974

Exactly in fact this one is an old Rhum distillation column ; the room before is the modern one in use (photos are forbidden because of alcohol vapors), what a smell!!!

I tried the 28 as Jono suggested it, I removed the huge lens hood, to use it, and then I used this suddenly tiny lens. The results are really sharp and crisp. A pleasure, I did not experienced flare at this moment in this configuration.

jonoslack

Exactly in fact this one is an old Rhum distillation column ; the room before is the modern one in use (photos are forbidden because of alcohol vapors), what a smell!!!

I tried the 28 as Jono suggested it, I removed the huge lens hood, to use it, and then I used this suddenly tiny lens. The results are really sharp and crisp. A pleasure, I did not experienced flare at this moment in this configuration.
Great shots
I want that car! (I also like the b&w conversion)

Wonderful revelation with the 28 'cron isn't it? - take off the monster's plastic coat to reveal a petite beauty!

If there is obviously a sun situation, a strategically placed hand usually does a better job than the lens hood anyway (and it doesn't get in the way of the viewfinder) . . . . careful of that front element though :)

steflaurent974

Jono : this the Citroen DS wich was the official car of the french autorities, Général De Gaulle used it. The B&W conversion was done on an exported jpeg (color) from LR to Photoshop. Then a red filtering and a massive reductionof luminance int he blue was applied, also a little dodging to reveal the deep blacks near the floor.
thanks