The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

At last, Summicron 28mm acquired! What a lens! Some first impressions during a stroll along the Golden Horn in Istanbul. B+W's are camera jpegs, the rest C1.
Best,
Osman

Congrats on your new 28 cron. My favorite lens on both the M8 and the M9.

I love this shot - well seen!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks for indulging me just one more. (And especially since it's "off topic"... taken with my iPhone)

Oh Lloyd - now you've really gone and one it...

Do you realize how much trouble you're going to cause by posting an image this nice taken with an iphone??? Leica may sent a hitman after you!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't resist when I saw the sister of the bride in this great light. I used a 35mm Summicron ASPH.

Nice shot Rob. Great light, and a beautiful subject - what a nice combo :)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

As I browse through the fantastic images in this thread, the thought occurs to me...

Why do we have separate threads for M8 and M9 images? Perhaps we should merge these into a single "Leica M images" thread. The look of M8 and M9 images are extremely similar - in fact I would claim they are indistinguishable even at large web size display. They both have the same creamy smooth outputs that are such a joy to view.

I understand the initial urge to separate out M9 images for those who are looking for samples in order to assess a possible purchase. But now that the initial surge of photos is available, perhaps it makes sense to merge these.

What say you all? I'll also post this over in the M9 thread.

Mike

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

As I browse through the images in this thread, and the M8 image thread, the thought occurs to me...

Why do we have separate threads for M8 and M9 images? Perhaps we should merge these into a single "Leica M images" thread. The look of M8 and M9 images are extremely similar - in fact I would claim they are indistinguishable even at large web size display. They both have the same creamy smooth outputs that are such a joy to view.

I understand the initial urge to separate out M9 images for those who are looking for samples in order to assess a possible purchase. But now that the initial surge of photos is available, perhaps it makes sense to merge these.

What say you all?

If there's a strong consensus to merge the threads, I'll do it. If not, no problem - we can keep them separate.

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I kind of like the separation myself at least for now so we can see what the M9 is doing but certainly merge them later but I will do what others feel as well.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Mike
Very glad to hear you say it. It may be that those who own both can see differences on their own monitors when working with RAWs, but I have been excited and a little relieved to see that the results from both cameras are very close indeed. I like the idea of an "M" thread where the focus is on the images. Regardless of which digital M is used.

robsteve

Subscriber

Here is another from the wedding. The photographer was up on a balcony trying to shoot the wedding party and guests. I don't know how it came out, as he ould have been shooting straight into the sun. On my way to join the crowd in the background, I crouched down low to get the sun blocked by the bride. The groom is telling me to get back with the rest of the guests :)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

As I browse through the fantastic images in this thread, the thought occurs to me...

What say you all? I'll also post this over in the M9 thread.

Mike
You are the Mod (Super Mod) - do it! :thumbs:

otumay

Thanks for the praise, Mike! I totally agree with you that there should be a single fun images thread for Leica M's AND R.
Osman

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Guy has posted a poll on this topic - so you can go there to vote.

Lloyd

Oh Lloyd - now you've really gone and one it...

Do you realize how much trouble you're going to cause by posting an image this nice taken with an iphone??? Leica may sent a hitman after you!
You know what, Mike. Don't let the word out that they have that hitman. After all the $$$ I've spent on Leica gear over the years, my wife may want to hire him!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

You know what, Mike. Don't let the word out that they have that hitman. After all the $$$ I've spent on Leica gear over the years, my wife may want to hire him!
I already sent her the phone number 1800 Call- Guido

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Okay did a poll with a one week deadline . Get in and vote
In one week no one will care about the M9 :p This week it is Hassy and Phase :eek: who knows what announcements we will have next week :bugeyes:

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

ok, I'll vote now :angel: