The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

HI Victor
BTW, Jono, as a followup to a :deadhorse: issue (maybe not yet with the M9) IS the M9 a 'no filter' machine or not? Using filters would be a bit of a problem if there are no Leica in camera adjustments for it.

I am assuming it is good to go without.
Absolutely - no filters required - definitely - there is a faint possibility of a magenta tinge in some artificial fabrics, but if it matters it's very straightforward to fix by dropping the magenta slightly (it's even less of an issue in C1).

jonoslack

HI Mike
Lovely shots -
I quite agree about the 50 lux asph. That, together with my 28 'cron are getting most of the action with the M9 at the moment (with the WATE and the lovely little 90 elmarit following close behind).

Bébèrt

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Out walking before work again this morning. Colors just starting to change here (although these would make you think it's general, these were just a couple of trees that had changed, while most still have not). Couldn't resist the light on the water in the background.

CV 90/3.5 APO Lanthar @ 5.6 in both shots:

Lloyd, thanks again for making our day. Indian Summer at his best.
(and a want to have a Lanthar in my head)

Lloyd

I found that my M9 was front-focusing with most of my lenses, so I sent it in to DAG for an adjustment. I just got it back this morning, and Don did a great job on it.

Took the 50 lux asph out for a walk-around late this afternoon. The more I use this lens, the more I love it. I could shoot for days with just this one lens.
Gorgeous stuff, Mike. Easy to love that combo, for sure.

N

nei1

Mike these are very nice,would like to see some serious gritty reportage work from some one ,anybody know where to look?

rondeb

Mike these are very nice,would like to see some serious gritty reportage work from some one ,anybody know where to look?
I'll have my M9 this afternoon - in time to use for a job on Saturday. Thank you David Farkus!
It won't be gritty, probably, but I'll see what I can do.

Best,
Ron

Lloyd

Neil, This may be more along the lines of what you're looking for... not everything he shows was taken with the M9 (even his stuff, although he gives you that impression in the video), but there is enough there to get a sense of how it works for street or reportage. http://www.vimeo.com/6497905

Steve Fines

I'll have my M9 this afternoon - in time to use for a job on Saturday.
:thumbup:

I was told mine would be here on Oct 1st, but I guess I didn't make the cut. Bummer.

Fun to see these images, esp. compared with the 27mp d300s.

A

alexanderruas

borrowed a M9 for two days from YFO (camera dealer) to shoot here in Sweden. did two jobs and shoot a lot at home (the kids) and at the studio/office where I hang during the day.

here is a shot from a coffee cupping (tasting) we had last night!

I'll post a few more these coming days but you can see more from our cupping at my coffee flickr page at www.flickr.com/coffeeruas

All the shots were done with my 35mm Summilux at F2.

Last edited:

skimmel

I found that my M9 was front-focusing with most of my lenses, so I sent it in to DAG for an adjustment. I just got it back this morning, and Don did a great job on it.
Did you send in just the body or lenses as well?

I ended up having to send my M8 and all my lenses as well to get them to focus properly. Am worried now that if I get an M9, I'll have to go through that all again.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

I sent the 50 lux asph and the 90 cron along with the body, as those are the most demanding lenses I have (in terms of focus accuracy for narrow DOF). He got those two spot-on (adjusting the M9 and the 50 lux - the 90 cron did not need adjustment), and now my other lenses are all good as well.

skimmel

I sent the 50 lux asph and the 90 cron along with the body, as those are the most demanding lenses I have (in terms of focus accuracy for narrow DOF). He got those two spot-on (adjusting the M9 and the 50 lux - the 90 cron did not need adjustment), and now my other lenses are all good as well.
Thanks Mike. Did you ever have to get the lenses/body adjusted with your M8?

Also, fast turnaround! When I sent mine to Leica they had it for almost 2 months!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Never got either of my M8s adjusted. I just lived with a couple of my lenses being a bit inaccurate (75 lux and 90 cron). But this time around, I decided I wanted perfect focus, since I'll generally be closer to the subject (FF vs 1.3 crop) and have thinner DOF.

I recommend DAG for focus / rangefinder adjustments. They are faster than Leica service, do a great job, and for a very reasonable price. He's got all the right equipment to do these adjustments.

http://www.dagcamera.com/

N

nei1

I'll have my M9 this afternoon - in time to use for a job on Saturday. Thank you David Farkus!
It won't be gritty, probably, but I'll see what I can do.

Best,
Ron
Ron youre a lucky man,gritty or not,anything you take that you like,Id like to see.....all the best,Neil.

Lloyd,thanks for the link,really interesting.

Arne Hvaring

Mind blowing B&W shot Arne. Especially the first one and a real tribute to this little cheap lens.
Thank you, Bébèrt, yes the 15mm CV is a gem, you can put it in your pocket and not even notice it is there.

Arne Hvaring

Looking good, Arne. Is the first Trondheim?
Quite right Kurt, and you've been to Norway several times I believe?

I like this lens on my M8, and the Leica 21mm finder is excellent for framing.
Here are two more.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Lovely shots Arne, and great use of the 15mm!

Here are a few from last weekend in Iceland. Fall is most certainly here, and winter is not far behind. I edited these on my desktop with an Eizo, and they look quite bland on my laptop as I am posting now...moral of the story...get yourself an Eizo! I wish they made laptop displays...