The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

T
Notice how deep the pink car is in the last shot, even with Saturation dialed down to minus 7. The skin tones are accurate.
Hi Mike - lots of great shots here.
As for the skin tones on this last shot . . . the inside of the right hand girls thumbs doesn't look right to me . . . and nor do the lips.

I'm using Aperture, so I'm not using the chroma-soft profiles, but I've got used to the fact that until they get the colours right the reds need a slight hue adjustment (and sometimes, but not often, the magentas as well).

It was also an issue with the M8, but there, when it was wrong I couldn't ever get it right, with the M9 it just seems to take a small tweak

jonoslack

Watch out . . . .

Coming to get you!

and here's one at 1600 f1.4 with the 50 'lux

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Mike - lots of great shots here.
As for the skin tones on this last shot . . . the inside of the right hand girls thumbs doesn't look right to me . . . and nor do the lips.

I'm using Aperture, so I'm not using the chroma-soft profiles, but I've got used to the fact that until they get the colours right the reds need a slight hue adjustment (and sometimes, but not often, the magentas as well).

It was also an issue with the M8, but there, when it was wrong I couldn't ever get it right, with the M9 it just seems to take a small tweak
Jono - the girl on the right had just dipped her hands in the freezing cold ocean. That's the reason for the coloring on her hands.

One thing I've noticed is that when you bring up the shadows (shadow recovery) in LR, it also changes the hue of the colors. In that particular shot above, I did bring up the shadows, as the sun was to the girls' backs, and their faces were in a bit of shadow. Not too much - maybe about +10 on shadow recovery. I then had to do some tweaking to the color in those areas to adust for the hue drift.

Mike

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks Steve. Wonderful stuff Mike and Jono. Your last shot of the two kids is gorgeous.

Kurt

Knorp

Sunday Morning Bedroom (50 'lux)
(Getting ready for a ride)

So you've got your 'titanium' then ... :eek::bugeyes:
Congrats Jono, still queuing here ...
Excellent shots btw.

All the best.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

just caught this last bit of sun. Every year the same trees put on a show.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

One from today with R72 filter on the CV 28 f/1.9 at f/8

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Thanks, Lloyd.
It appears that pbase still has a few problems. I came back and my photo was gone. I've fixed the photo, but can't fix your entry.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd.
It appears that pbase still has a few problems. I came back and my photo was gone. I've fixed the photo, but can't fix your entry.
That is odd. I'm glad your original post is visible. It's worthy for sure.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

That is odd. I'm glad your original post is visible. It's worthy for sure.

I fixed my OP by deleting the picture from pbase and downloading again. I couldn't fix your post. They have not worked out all of the kinks from pbase since the recent crash.

otumay

Cindy, that is a wonderful shot and very nice post processing. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Osman

sc_john

Cindy,

Well seen plus GREAT capture and processing. The image has strong 3-D properties and superb texture. Good shot!

John

otumay

I was lucky to be around with 28 cron The Day Aurora Came to Town. Overpowering and elegant, she brought a Felliniesque ambiance to the hectic Galata waterfront. Hope you enjoy watching them as much as I did while shooting.
Best,
Osman

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Thank you Osman and John.

Osman, The first shot is so bold and unusual. I love the composition and the processing adds to the drama. All very nice, but the first is my favorite.