The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

A few more from Alcatraz...

The tunnel to the laundry building (WATE @ 16mm):

White Balance Nightmare - outside the Power Building (WATE @ 21mm):

Through the Doorway (looking into the Power Building) - WATE @ 18mm:

Cut-Off (WATE @ 18mm):

Spiral Staircase (WATE @ 16mm):

Room with a View (75 Cron):

The Infirmary (note to self: don't get sick while at Alcatraz) - WATE @ 18mm:

stevem8

Just a few. Still have not been able to get out with the camera. So far, just a few quick snaps.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks Steve and Lloyd. Alcatraz, and the surrounding areas, are certainly "target rich environments", and perfectly suited for the M9.

Steve - I really like your "quick snaps". The first and last especially - very nice 3D quality, and nice colors.

Lloyd

Just a few. Still have not been able to get out with the camera. So far, just a few quick snaps.
Good stuff, Steve. I really do like your processing too. What lens did you use on that first one?

John Black

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Found this image somewhat humorous. Note the guy in yellow jacket taking a picture. I bet his wife gave him an ear-full after that! 90mm Summicron E55, non-APO.

jonoslack

Look at those eyes...

The 50 pre is a special lens.
HI Mike
I had assumed that those eyes were the product of a little post processsing by Steve, rather than anything inherent in the 50 pre . . . could be wrong of course? Steve?

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Mike and Jono:

Sure glad you guys talked me into keeping the WATE! Great images, men!! Now, if I can just get an M9 out of Farkas...jeez!!

stevem8

HI Mike
I had assumed that those eyes were the product of a little post processsing by Steve, rather than anything inherent in the 50 pre . . . could be wrong of course? Steve?
What? That is straight from the camera! Ha ha....

Lets see...

Ran the DNG through C1, in Color Efex pro I ran it through the "Bleach Bypass" filter and then a color filter. Added some vignetting and used the sharpen tool in PS to sharpen the angel a bit. May have also used some dodging on the wings and arms. So yea, it was processed :)

Steve

stevem8

BTW, I had a dream last night of the WATE thanks to Jono and Mike...I dreamt I traded my M9 for it and then I came home to shoot it and realized I had no camera to attach it to. Not a fun dream.