The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Steve Fines

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Hello,

I've had the pleasure of shooting with one of these for the last few days. I'm on a slow laptop and so haven't processed much, but liked the look of this one.

The m9 has its quirks, but it really is an enjoyable camera to use.

This was with the 35/1.4

c/c welcomed as I learn to process these files.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Reynolds obviously Jono and I were not kidding about holding onto the WATE . Mikes images are proof of that . Nice work Mike

Reynolds

Workshop Member

BTW, I had a dream last night of the WATE thanks to Jono and Mike...I dreamt I traded my M9 for it and then I came home to shoot it and realized I had no camera to attach it to. Not a fun dream.
Steve: That's my problem exactly! Terrible to be without a camera and just look at these lenses! My fault! The M8 sold way too fast!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

That's right, Guy...thanks for YOUR input! Come on M9!!!
Tell David to hurry up or I will send him up to Leica NJ for customer withdrawal lashings, they have a thursday afternoon program for dealers that are stressing out there customers Leica withdraws. LOL

HansAlbert

Jono,
a great, thought-provoking photo! It put me up to this limerick; hope it works in English.
Greetings.

Medieval Vision

There was once a time when heaven was near,
when a cross in the sky was read in God's fear.
The church and the graves take flight,
they stretch for eternal light.
And to us there are only contrails that appear.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Steve: That's my problem exactly! Terrible to be without a camera and just look at these lenses! My fault! The M8 sold way too fast!!!
You think that's bad ... I'm not only without my M8's (same reason) and awaiting my M9 but I also have the added bonus of looking at great images taken with what used to be some of MY lenses!! Thanks Mike & Steve!! :ROTFL:

Knorp

Mike - those Alcatraz shots are awesome. Now I like the B/Ws a lot, but the colour images ... WOW ! :thumbs:

Good show and thanks for sharing.

GrahamWelland

There's an unhealthy cash pile sitting in my account that's getting increasingly attracted to more Nikon gear ... :toocool: :ROTFL:

Oh, and if Brad Weeks turns up at the Oregon workshop with a Grey M9 and says 'I brought this one along - I was supposed to drop it off at ProPhoto Supply earlier for some guy at the top of their list but ...' there'll be trouble. :ROTFL:

Knorp

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

As autumn in Holland is setting in but foliage is still mostly green(ish), though changing colour rapidly, I shot some trees. [75lux]

Last edited:

cmb_

Knorp - The mood and light in the 3rd shot is really great.

Steve Fines

You think that's bad ... I'm not only without my M8's (same reason) and awaiting my M9 but I also have the added bonus of looking at great images taken with what used to be some of MY lenses!! Thanks Mike & Steve!! :ROTFL:
I hadn't thought of that until just now... Didn't mean to add insult to injury! :rolleyes:

Hopefully by the time I get back to MN to process some more you'll have an M9 to remedy the situation.

cmb_

Oh, and if Brad Weeks turns up at the Oregon workshop with a Grey M9 and says 'I brought this one along - I was supposed to drop it off at ProPhoto Supply earlier for some guy at the top of their list but ...' there'll be trouble. :ROTFL:
Well Graham, if that happens Mike will be there so we'll pop one of your old lenses on it, shoot off a few (hundred/thousand) frames, and post them up here on the forum so you can see how your kit is performing!
:ROTFL:

Lloyd

As autumn in Holland is setting in but foliage is still mostly green(ish), though changing colour rapidly, I shot some trees. [75lux]
Nice shot, which really show the qualities of that fine lens. I particularly like the third image.

GrahamWelland

I hadn't thought of that until just now... Didn't mean to add insult to injury! :rolleyes:

Hopefully by the time I get back to MN to process some more you'll have an M9 to remedy the situation.
:) Here's hoping.

Truthfully it hasn't been much of a distraction as I've been in Yellowstone & Grand Teton's for the last two weeks giving my Nikon gear a good work out, including the big guns!! :thumbs:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

OK, last two Alcatraz shots. Really.

WATE @ 21mm (cropped)

28 cron: