The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Wow - great skies Jono. I wish we had more skies like that here in California.

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Spent last week in Japan at the CEATEC tradeshow. Unfortunately, it rained almost every day we were there. Here are a few images from the show floor.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

jonoslack

Wow - great skies Jono. I wish we had more skies like that here in California.
Hah! - you should be careful about what you're asking for . . . Rain, cold, wind, winter euch!

I know you get a bit of fog and drizzle now and then . . . How about a swap for a year?

DavidE

Here are two from a shopping area in Chiba-City.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

A few from the surreal Akihabara area in Tokyo. Train service was suspended earlier that day because of a typhoon.

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Hah! - you should be careful about what you're asking for . . . Rain, cold, wind, winter euch!
I'll just take the skies... you can keep the rest :)

I know you get a bit of fog and drizzle now and then . . . How about a swap for a year?
Hmmm... let me think it over... NOPE!

DavidE

From the hotel during one of the many rainy days.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Spent last week in Japan at the CEATEC tradeshow. Unfortunately, it rained almost every day we were there. Here are a few images from the show floor.

All good, David. I particularly like this one. The second group are nice as well, were these with the 18?

DavidE

All good, David. I particularly like this one. The second group are nice as well, were these with the 18?
Yes, the two from the shopping area in Chiba-City were shot with the 18. When there's enough light, it's my preferred lens.

Here are some more from that same day. I know all the exterior shots were with the 18mm. I think all the interior shots were, as well.

Last edited:

Reynolds

Workshop Member

You guys noted the WATE with its hood on vignettes on the M9. I have just put a plain UV filter in my Milich adapter to protect the lens. What's your experience with the adapter and no hood? Does the adapter alone vignette? Or, do I have to just use the WATE bare, so to speak?

DavidE

Stormy Weather:
Incredible skies, Jono -- you must have a better mix of pollution than we have in the U.S.

Good thing you had a camera at hand that was equal to the task, along with your keen eye for a photograph.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

You guys noted the WATE with its hood on vignettes on the M9. I have just put a plain UV filter in my Milich adapter to protect the lens. What's your experience with the adapter and no hood? Does the adapter alone vignette? Or, do I have to just use the WATE bare, so to speak?
Reynolds,

Jono pointed out to me that if you use only the hood (without the filter adapter), then it won't vignette on the M9.

I tried this myself, and confirmed it's true. Unscrew the adapter part, and put that away, only to be used with the M8. Then screw just the hood section on to the M9, and you are set.

Mike

m_driscoll

Baltimore's Inner Harbor. While I wait for an M9; I'm re-visiting my M8 images and PP'g some. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/250s; ISO 160

2. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/180s; ISO 160

3. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/500s; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Last edited:

Lloyd

Are they visible now?
No. You may need to attach them again to a new reply. I know anytime I make a change to a gallery from which I'm referencing an image, it changes or deletes it here on the forum.