The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Little X-Files here! I reposted with new Zenfolio url's. Anybody else see, or not see them? Sorry about the screw up here. Cheers.

otumay

Hitched a ride with a mushrooms expert and a photographer, who was equipped with professional equipment (Canon) to produce shots for the expert's next book on, well, mushrooms.
Handheld M8 with 28, 50 and 75mm crons and complete ignorance on the subject yielded unsharp shots as expected, but the colors were pleasant.
Ate none of it, of course:toocool:
Osman

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Incredible skies, Jono -- you must have a better mix of pollution than we have in the U.S.

Good thing you had a camera at hand that was equal to the task, along with your keen eye for a photograph.
Hi David
Thank you!
No pollution - at least, I'm pretty sure there's no pollution, we're very rural, 25 miles from the nearest (small) city. Simply the sun poking under some rather nasty cloud cover just before setting. I guess there was just a little Vivezza pollution though :ROTFL:

As for having the camera - it's always there! I actually saw the possibility, and ran round from our house and up a little lane to get a better view (just like I'd done the night before when it didn't happen!)

Lloyd - thanks for the kind words.

Reynolds - Hi there - as Mike says, there's no vignetting with the WATE on the M9 as long as you remove the Milich bit of the adaptor first. (worth reiterating in case someone else gets the wrong idea)

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Hi David
Thank you!
No pollution - at least, I'm pretty sure there's no pollution, we're very rural, 25 miles from the nearest (small) city. Simply the sun poking under some rather nasty cloud cover just before setting. I guess there was just a little Vivezza pollution though :ROTFL:

As for having the camera - it's always there! I actually saw the possibility, and ran round from our house and up a little lane to get a better view (just like I'd done the night before when it didn't happen!)

Lloyd - thanks for the kind words.

Reynolds - Hi there - as Mike says, there's no vignetting with the WATE on the M9 as long as you remove the Milich bit of the adaptor first. (worth reiterating in case someone else gets the wrong idea)
Thanks so much, guys! I just ordered a new adapter from John...have to return it sadly. So, beyond the hood, there really is no way of protecting the lens, huh?

Lloyd

Hitched a ride with a mushrooms expert and a photographer, who was equipped with professional equipment (Canon) to produce shots for the expert's next book on, well, mushrooms.
Handheld M8 with 28, 50 and 75mm crons and complete ignorance on the subject yielded unsharp shots as expected, but the colors were pleasant.
Ate none of it, of course:toocool:
Osman
Very nice colors indeed, Osman. And an amazing variety.

DavidE

More photos from Japan (my first time there).

The last image is the Nissan Advanced Technology Center. It's located in the Kanagawa prefecture at the base of a mountain range. I was able to test drive a hydrogen fuel cell car there. It was a great experience -- probably the best part of the trip.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

From the flight back on Saturday. Shot with the 28 cron.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Reynolds -

There are two options for protection the protruding front element of the lens.

You can get the Leica 67mm filter adapter, and then just stick a 67mm lens cap on that. The filter adapter acts as a very wide/shallow metal hood, and sticks out beyond the front element, so you can cap it. It's also vented, to avoid blocking too much of the viewfinder.

The other option is the hood as discussed above.

If you want to use a filter no your M9 (polarizer, etc), the 67mm filter adapter is really the best/only option.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

If you want to use a filter no your M9 (polarizer, etc), the 67mm filter adapter is really the best/only option.
The downside is that you now have the FrankenFilter that complements the FrankenFinder ... :ROTFL:

DavidE

Wow, that's some front porch you have, Lloyd. I don't think I could get any work done if I lived there. It's a beautiful photo.

Lloyd

A couple from the neighborhood, as a strom approaches. Both from the 28 cron.
Nice stuff, Mike. Love that 28 Cron on the M9 (well, on yours, and Jono's, and...)..

Have a storm approaching here too. Just posted a pic of that on the poor relations thread (aka, Fun W/M8)