The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

No wonder I don't have my M9...David's in Seattle! Mike, send the point and shoot!!

stevem8

The Old Ghost House - M9/35 Cron at F2 and ISO 80

I drive by this old house on a regular basis. Today it looked extra creepy, and with Halloween getting close I decided to get a snap of this house. Processed in CS3 and converted to B&W with Alien Skin Exposure.

Also, found this Super Beetle for sale, and what a screaming deal! The for sale sign SHOULD HAVE READ:

"1973 Super Beetle. Rough shape, lots O rust. Interior shot to hell, bad tires, no heat or A/C, leaky engine, faded paint job and shoddy brakes." Asking price? $2700!

jonoslack

I was afraid you were going to say that! "Must resist 6K lens.... must resist 6K lens...."
:)
Protect yourself . . it goes like this:

Wonderful shot . . . taken with 24 'lux
but! it must have been stopped down a bit for the DOF
If I was as good as david I could have taken it with my 24 elmarit.
the 24 elmarit is much smaller and lighter . . . .
and if I drop it, it won't be quite so bad.

There:ROTFL:

S

sclamb

They decided to come up with their own pose for the camera :D

Simon

S

sclamb

The Old Ghost House - M9/35 Cron at F2 and ISO 80

I drive by this old house on a regular basis. Today it looked extra creepy, and with Halloween getting close I decided to get a snap of this house. Processed in CS3 and converted to B&W with Alien Skin Exposure.

That picture of the house is terrific and the PP is very nicely done.

Simon

woodyspedden

+1. I love the way you combine added vignetting with your B&W images of rather spooky venues to begin with. It really defines a personal style for you.

I am trying this technique with some of my own images but to get the full effect is not trivial. JMHO

Woody

atanabe

David,
Great shots of Seattle, I see that the weather cooperated for the Kerry Park Seattle skyline on Sunday! One thing I notice after processing my images is the clarity of the M9 vs M8. Something different going on and most importantly, no green blobs.

-Al

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Three shots with the 50 Lux Asph (f4)...

This morning I sat and watched the sun rise over a strawberry farm in Watsonville, California. This farm is about a mile from the ocean, and gets dense morning fog and clouds that leads to some fantastic morning skies.

The band of white on the ground is plastic that is laid over the soil, and then the strawberry plants are punched into the ground through the plastic (the plastic keeps the soil warm and prevents weeds from growing).

S

sclamb

Mike, you have captured the atmosphere beautifully in these pictures. The ones with the WATE are also terrific.

Simon

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Three shots with the 50 Lux Asph (f4)...

This morning I sat and watched the sun rise over a strawberry farm in Watsonville, California. This farm is about a mile from the ocean, and gets dense morning fog and clouds that leads to some fantastic morning skies.

The band of white on the ground is plastic that is laid over the soil, and then the strawberry plants are punched into the ground through the plastic (the plastic keeps the soil warm and prevents weeds from growing).

Mike better get yourself up here soon to Oregon I have a 24mm Lux waiting for you from Leica to play with. Actually Leica sent us a M9 a 24 lux, 35 cron and a 90 summarit for the workshop. Too many toys up here we need help to shoot them all. :D:D:D

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Robert:

The closest Canon equivalent would be the 16-35L II (at the wide end), which is actually a pretty decent lens on the Canon system (significantly better than the original version).

I don't have the Canon lenses any more (sold them off to get the M9 kit), so I can't do a side-by-side. At f8, the Canon was quite good and I wouldn't have any issues with it, other than in the extreme corners at very wide angles (16mm-18mm). The WATE seems quite sharp to the corners even at 16mm.

The Canon was a bit "iffy" at wider apertures, where I don't have any hesitation to shoot the WATE at wider apertures.

The sweet spot on the Canon lens tended to be between 21-28mm, while not being as good at the edges of the zoom range. So my guess is that the WATE would beat it in a shoot-out in the 16-21 range.

Mike

skimmel

:)
Protect yourself . . it goes like this:

Wonderful shot . . . taken with 24 'lux
but! it must have been stopped down a bit for the DOF
If I was as good as david I could have taken it with my 24 elmarit.
the 24 elmarit is much smaller and lighter . . . .
and if I drop it, it won't be quite so bad.

There:ROTFL:
Thanks! That covers me -- until I see the next 24 Lux picture!

Lloyd

A few shots from Seattle during the LHSA annual meeting. (Thanks to Al for being a great host and tour guide!)

David
Amazing shots, David. The skyline shot here is as good as I've ever seen!!