The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Lloyd clean that picture up a bit and its a wall hanger. Ground zero.

DavidE

"F8, and be there."
Reminds me of a line from The Larry Sanders Show. Someone says to the Rip Torn character, "Be there or be square." Rip Torn replies, "I can be both!"

I visited New York a couple of weeks ago for PhotoPlus Expo. It seemed as though just about everyone in Time Square was either taking pictures or being photographed. I fell into a mode one evening where I would watch and try to capture an interesting photo of the process.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Reminds me of a line from The Larry Sanders Show. Someone says to the Rip Torn character, "Be there or be square." Rip Torn replies, "I can be both!"

I visited New York a couple of weeks ago for PhotoPlus Expo. It seemed as though just about everyone in Time Square was either taking pictures or being photographed. I fell into a mode one evening where I would watch and try to capture an interesting photo of the process.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
These are great, David. Great idea, and a really nice series. Love the choice of b/w for most of them, especially since TS is so colorful, and most people don't see it any other way. The light reflecting off the sidewalk is very effective as well.

Lloyd

Like those in David's series, we, of course, had to do the obligatory Times Square shot as well.

DavidE

Thanks, Otumay and Lloyd.

I was shooting wide open with the 50 lux. The sidewalk reflections helped to light up the faces and make them seem more three-dimensional. Didn't fully realize this until I processed the photos.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Last edited:

DavidE

A couple of Times Square photos from a Sunday at 7:00 a.m. Hey, where is everybody?

It was a nice mix of sign light and emerging sunlight.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

I enjoyed all the New York photos by Lloyd and David. My favorites are Mimi, the victorious runner, Mimi at times square and David's "girl jumping".

While I was posting, David posted two more. They have spectacular color. The McDonalds photo is my favorite of the two...the golden arches just jump out.

DavidE

Thanks, Cindy. The colors really came alive at that early hour. It looked that way for about 10 minutes. Then everything became more ordinary.

Here's a shot from my hotel window.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

I enjoyed all the New York photos by Lloyd and David. My favorites are Mimi, the victorious runner, Mimi at times square and David's "girl jumping".

While I was posting, David posted two more. They have spectacular color. The McDonalds photo is my favorite of the two...the golden arches just jump out.
I'm with you on the McDonalds shot, Cindy. Contrary to popular belief, the city actually does sleep (sorta) once in a while. ;)

And thanks for your kind appreciation of those two shots of Mimi. My favorites from the weekend as well.

L

luxferous

Lloyd, DavidE, nice pics from NY! Miss it somewhat since my last trip in '03 but the 17-18 hour flight is putting me off!

Eric

DavidE

Some more photos from my recent NYC trip.

These are of Central Park on a rainy Saturday (I skipped the last day of PhotoPlus Expo in order to explore the city). Kept having to pull out the umbrella to keep the camera dry. Then it would clear up for a time.

All were shot with a Leica 18mm lens.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Thanks Lloyd. Here's another shot ... I'm thinking that an appropriate title might be: Invasion!

Kurt