The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

f1point0

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Thanks guys!

I'm not one to use the word love lightly and I'd argue that you can't really love an inanimate object (this is where English is somewhat inadequate since there is only one word for love), but I think I love my M9!

The M8 was the appetizer and now the M9 is the main course. The M8 was a fine camera, don't get me wrong, but a lot of what wasn't realized with the version 1.0 digital M has been made a reality in the version 2.0 M. Well done Leica. Very, well done.

W

wblynch

Re: First day out with the M9...

This one is great with the fire hydrant highlighted in the foreground.

As if to point out to the dog and his walker, "Hey-- it's over here !!"

Worth the wait and I'm so happy that focus is spot on with the Noctilux @ f/1.0...

Gary P

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

A couple of misc. fall images. The pumpkin included some candle and painting with light.

Lloyd, I always enjoy your family photos! What a great view from you deck! Awesome!

Gary P

C

Chris_R

Lloyd,
Great shot. Love the colors.

Best Regards
Chris R

Lloyd

A couple of misc. fall images. The pumpkin included some candle and painting with light.

Lloyd, I always enjoy your family photos! What a great view from you deck! Awesome!

Gary P
Thank you Gary, much appreciated. And nice images. I love the wax running out of the Jack-o-lantern's mouth. Nice.:thumbup:

carstenw

These are wonderful Lloyd. . . and they feel like a step outside your comfort zone (I'm jealous, I always want to step outside my comfort zone, but somehow there I am . . . right in the middle of it!).

all the best
Isn't it kinda hard to step out of your comfort zone when you live on the land in Cornwall? :D Getting *reeeally* close to that cow, whoa!

m_driscoll

"The Smith Tower & The Nitelite on 2nd Ave."

The Smith Tower (peaked roof) in the distance down 2nd Ave.

The Smith Tower, located in Pioneer Square, is the oldest skyscraper in Seattle, Washington, USA. Completed in 1914, the tower is named after its builder, firearm and typewriter magnate Lyman Cornelius Smith. Containing 42 floors, it was the tallest office building west of the Mississippi River until the Kansas City Power & Light Building was built in 1931. It remained the tallest building on the West Coast until the Space Needle overtook it in 1962 Thank you Wikipedia. Cheers.

M8; 24mm f/2.8; 1/4000s; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Re: "The Smith Tower & The Nitelite on 2nd Ave."

The Smith Tower (peaked roof) in the distance down 2nd Ave.

The Smith Tower, located in Pioneer Square, is the oldest skyscraper in Seattle, Washington, USA. Completed in 1914, the tower is named after its builder, firearm and typewriter magnate Lyman Cornelius Smith. Containing 42 floors, it was the tallest office building west of the Mississippi River until the Kansas City Power & Light Building was built in 1931. It remained the tallest building on the West Coast until the Space Needle overtook it in 1962 Thank you Wikipedia. Cheers.

M8; 24mm f/2.8; 1/4000s; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Nice cityscape; interesting info. I hadn't realized it was that old.

jonoslack

Hi there
I thought I would revisit the Zeiss 25 f2.8 biogon

This was a very favorite lens on the M8, on the M9, it seemed less necessary, added to which, if you coded it as a 24 elmarit (obvious) then it had a nasty red band on the left hand side.

Yesterday I thought I'd do some research, so I checked it against a bunch of WA lenses on the M9 lens table, from the WATE 21 upwards. Nothing was much good until I got to the 28 elmarit ASPH. It does vignette a little, but with little or no colour deviation.

Here are some examples:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Jono - I love the look and mood of the 3rd image. The Zeiss 25 Biogon looks like a nice lens with the 28 Elmarit setting.

gogopix

Subscriber

I found an old file, here's David Farkas, Chris, Roger. I didn't recoginize them and Guy I missed by a few minutes. This was in Germany, and I wound up asking them in German where they got the M8's and was sort of ignored!!:D

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber

what is most interesting about this shot, is that it was taken WITHOUT cut filter.
Here is the shot using regular M8 profile in C1

[NB: the above image was using my 'special' icc profile!:) ] if you want it I will send

BTW the issue is the PANTS!:ROTFL:

Last edited:

francishmt

While I wait for my M9.... let's enjoy my newly purchased M8. Taken with 50 Lux ASPH.

Lloyd

Hi there
I thought I would revisit the Zeiss 25 f2.8 biogon

This was a very favorite lens on the M8, on the M9, it seemed less necessary, added to which, if you coded it as a 24 elmarit (obvious) then it had a nasty red band on the left hand side.

Yesterday I thought I'd do some research, so I checked it against a bunch of WA lenses on the M9 lens table, from the WATE 21 upwards. Nothing was much good until I got to the 28 elmarit ASPH. It does vignette a little, but with little or no colour deviation.

Here are some examples:
Nicely done, Jono. Looks like it's still a winner. :thumbup:

Lloyd

what is most interesting about this shot, is that it was taken WITHOUT cut filter.
Here is the shot using regular M8 profile in C1

[NB: the above image was using my 'special' icc profile!:) ] if you want it I will send

BTW the issue is the PANTS!:ROTFL:
Interesting difference. I'd like to try your profile.