The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

rsmphoto

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Quick first test of M9 with 35 lux. Seems to work ok... Relatively clean sensor... Guess it's time for a walk?

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Man, I want a classic Noctilux sooooooo bad...here is one from today with the 50 Nokton 1.1. Its no Noctilux though.

stevem8

Hi there
I thought I would revisit the Zeiss 25 f2.8 biogon

This was a very favorite lens on the M8, on the M9, it seemed less necessary, added to which, if you coded it as a 24 elmarit (obvious) then it had a nasty red band on the left hand side.

Yesterday I thought I'd do some research, so I checked it against a bunch of WA lenses on the M9 lens table, from the WATE 21 upwards. Nothing was much good until I got to the 28 elmarit ASPH. It does vignette a little, but with little or no colour deviation.

Thanks for the info Jono. I am shooting with that Zeiss now and it seriously is a beautiful lens. I have fallen for it!

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Back from Costa Rica with the M9...a student from a barrio with her family...trying to make it against the odds.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I upload to my gallery and then copy the link that is displayed there and use it for the image links in the post here.

Lloyd

Man, I want a classic Noctilux sooooooo bad...here is one from today with the 50 Nokton 1.1. Its no Noctilux though.
That's a beautiful image Steve. I can't see any reason not to love that 1.1, I know Kurt has posted some beauties he's taken with the M9. No Nocti, but well worth the $$.

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Thanks so much, Graham! I can't seem to get anything to show up in the post but the link. I am looking for the way Steve posted that great shot above. What am I missing here?

Lloyd

Thanks so much, Graham! I can't seem to get anything to show up in the post but the link. I am looking for the way Steve posted that great shot above. What am I missing here?
That's a really nice portrait, Reynolds. Congrats on the M9.

To post large like that, I like from an external hosting site, such as Flickr. You post the link from the image on that site using the yellow square above the Reply box.

Reynolds

Workshop Member

You always give me a boost, Lloyd! Thanks so much. The story behind the little girl makes it special to me.

Where's that yellow box exactly?

Lloyd

So, here are some Costa Rica images from the M9
Wow. Those are some beauties, Reynolds. I particularly like that first one... wonderful color. Clear as a bell. The kid with the flag as well, and nice isolation on the statute. What lens are you using here?