The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

D&A

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Cindy Wrote: >>> Out of Business and "LEFT BEHIND".

Cindy I see the "LEFT BEHIND" in your photos, but what about the "RIGHT BEHIND(S)"??
:)

Dave (D&A)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

What a great series from the flowershop, Matt.

And Cindy, I love your Out of Business compositions.
By the way, what route are you planning to take now that you have sold your Nikon rig and some of your M stuff, if I may be so curious (I have always admired the fine images you used to make with Mamiya lenses bolted on Nikon bodies) ?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

What a great series from the flowershop, Matt.

And Cindy, I love your Out of Business compositions.
By the way, what route are you planning to take now that you have sold your Nikon rig and some of your M stuff, if I may be so curious (I have always admired the fine images you used to make with Mamiya lenses bolted on Nikon bodies) ?
Thanks, Lloyd and Steen.

Steen, I loved using the Mamiya lenses on the D700 and S5, but I have decided to try to focus my kit more.:cussing: I am going to make Leica M (M8 and M4P) my main kit. I need to re-build my lens selection because I sold off my best lenses. Once that is done, I hope to upgrade to M9.
I'm trying to improve my MF film skills with a small Mamiya kit and I'm going to use M4/3 for macro and reach. The M4/3 is nice because a body and prime fits in my purse (which is always with me).

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

I want to play too, but this is the best I could muster on short notice. :D
The upside down thing is so tempting. This one is upside down, and also pushed around a little for effect. Fun!

Lloyd

The upside down thing is so tempting. This one is upside down, and also pushed around a little for effect. Fun!
Very kewl image, Tim. I say, 'push 'em around a bit, 'til they agree to get in line!'. You certainly did so here. That "sky" looks like a painted backdrop. And the whole image has a painterly quality to it. Nice pushing indeed. :salute:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Very kewl image, Tim. I say, 'push 'em around a bit, 'til they agree to get in line!'. You certainly did so here. That "sky" looks like a painted backdrop. And the whole image has a painterly quality to it. Nice pushing indeed. :salute:
Thanks Lloyd. But I have a couple of confessions to make. First, that's a Nikon shot (oops) and second, that moon is phony. (I feel so dirty!)

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. But I have a couple of confessions to make. First, that's a Nikon shot (oops) and second, that moon is phony. (I feel so dirty!)
AACK!!! Gargle with salt water immediately!! Helps forestall infection! :ROTFL:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Just to wash away the taste of that Nikon faux pas, I'll post this (now somewhat old) M8 shot.

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

I took Jonos advice and have it set as a 28 Elmarit. I also tried all settings and he is correct, the 28 Elmarit is the best setting with the M9. It still has some slight vignetting at 2.8 though but the pink left side issue is pretty much a non issue when its set as a 28.
Wow . . . nobody has ever said I'm right about anything before Steve . . . Thank you !!!!
:):)

Great shot as well (and not a drop of pink :ROTFL:)

Lloyd

My poor mount, waiting impatiently for better weather.

35 Cron ASPH:

Last edited:

f1point0

More Noctilux and M9 @ f/1.0...

My favorite from the day, but I'm not sure which conversion I like better (if anyone wants to try converting to B&W I would be interested to see other people's take on this one as well...PM me and I'll send you a link to the color version)...

LR preset conversion,

Silver Efex,

Lloyd

Some stunning work. Wow. I especially like the woman in the crosswalk.