The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Daniel

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

while waiting outside for my friend at saint Joseph hospital in philadelphia, a hysterical lady redirected anyone who came near her so she could point out how this sculpture resembled barack obama.

"i've been passing by this statue for a billion years and i've never notice it until now! look, look, the ears, the nose!"

meanwhile, those who were unconvinced have that woman-you-is-crazy look on their faces. nevertheless, as though she has seen the virgin mary, she rushed home to get her camera.

View attachment 25296
Zeiss Biogon 2/35

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Great stuff. I particularly like that first one.

We had a building like that here, but it was demolished last spring. Too bad really. It had become something of an icon, and a favorite backdrop for local photographers.
Lloyd: Thanks. I drive by this site every day coming and going to work. I took these photos about two weeks before it was demolished. It was replaced with a condominium that "tried" really hard to be unique. Poor timing. They're now renting the units. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Oh my, Jev, that looks wonderful. Excuse me while I poke out my eyes so that I can save my bank account.

Kurt

chrism

Attended an artist's talk with the great Mexican photographer Graciela Iturbide at the Fotomuseum in Winterthur, Switzerland. Some shots with the E43 Summilux 50:

Sorry to quote the images but they do seem to tell a story, beginning with the eminent photographer pontificating and ending with the poor broken-looking girl, which is the best of the lot (though even better when seen at the end of the series). Incidentally, the last pictures works well but in a very different way if you crop it to exclude the other people.

Chris

W

wblynch

I like it with the other people.

While they are oblivious to what is occurring on the other side of the wall, it appears her sister is looking for her.

Good timing.

Sorry to quote the images but they do seem to tell a story, beginning with the eminent photographer pontificating and ending with the poor broken-looking girl, which is the best of the lot (though even better when seen at the end of the series). Incidentally, the last pictures works well but in a very different way if you crop it to exclude the other people.

Chris

jonoslack

Chris
Poor girl indeed - she's just sneaked around the corner to send a text message to her boyfriend :)

Great shot though.

fotografz

Oh my, Jev, that looks wonderful. Excuse me while I poke out my eyes so that I can save my bank account.

Kurt
LOL! That's a good one ... it always involves body parts doesn't it ... and arm and a leg to get it, or your eyes to avoid it. LOL!

Nick_Yoon

I like it with the other people.

While they are oblivious to what is occurring on the other side of the wall, it appears her sister is looking for her.

Good timing.
Sorry to spoil the story, but she's one of the staff coming to tell me photography is not allowed in the exhibition rooms...8)

I'd actually been standing next to the girl on the seat then moved away to look for a good angle.

jonoslack

TOTALLY SMITTEN w/ Jim.... M9 shots are GREAT Too ;)
I have TWO Pugs :D
BULL & LULUBELLE who are now Interested in visiting Jim at the PUB ;)
Hi Helen
I'm not totally convinced myself (I prefer a big bouncy flatcoat). . . but Jim is a nice little guy (only 7 months old).

There are more!

jonoslack

How did I miss this. I LOVE it. I want a print!
HI Terry
Thank you - my pleasure!

I don't know how I missed it either - it got lost amongst lots of other wedding shots - which I had sent to the bride. I didn't give it another thought until I saw it was her avatar on facebook . . . At which point I thought "damn - why didn't I see that" . . . then I went back to my pictures and realised it WAS my shot! :ROTFL:

Knorp

Have been visiting the Port of Amsterdam this weekend [actually IJmuiden]. Enjoyed a nice fish meal in the local restaurant with an excellent view of the port and the steelworks. The sun came through at last doing its magic to the surroundings.
Different moments, different light (JPEGs straight out of C1, pushed saturation slightly).

Last edited:

Lloyd

Have been visiting the Port of Amsterdam this weekend [actually IJmuiden]. Enjoyed a nice fish meal in the local restaurant with an excellent view of the port and the steelworks. The sun came through at last doing its magic to the surroundings.
Different moments, different light (JPEGs straight out of C1, pushed saturation slightly).
Those are beautiful images. The last one in particular. :salute: