The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Beautiful spot. How did you process this one? It looks like an etching. (compliment!)

mwalker

Subscriber Member

A couple from an old civil war road (click to enlarge) 35 LUX

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber

Beautiful spot. How did you process this one? It looks like an etching. (compliment!)
I think I used " an action from to NOT TO BE NAMED SUPPLIER OF ACTIONS for the web?:D

Must have left the 'low sharpening' default on.
However, it does show the DR of the M8. Was actually the CV 15 I think

Victor

PS, there is a larger lake beyond the land bridge; it was separated by a rock slide in historic times.

It was the same trip I 'almost bumped into Guy" on the eastern side of the ATlantic, but a little farther east.

gogopix

Subscriber

BTW, here is a 100% crop of that cv 15 shot; not too great.

The next two show why we buy leica lenses!
same lake other way, into the sun, and 100% crop

I see the difference!

Victor

PS; I did use levels in these to remove haze from both. However the real difference is in the resolution; both mid distance crops and the second I think was the 28mm. I believe both were set at infinity for the shots, so the 15 SHOULD have been a lot better close in. Light and iso the same I think . Also the 28mm was faster (1/350 vs 1/125) however, there is little motion blur as you can see from any straight edge. It is just better resolving from the Leica (and yes, I understand the FL makes a difference. but 100% is 100%; the leica just puts a better image on those pixels

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Beautiful shots Victor, the first one is stunning.

- Mike: The second shot of the Civil War Road is quite compelling. I like the eerie mood and subtle qualities of the light and shadow. Very nice.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Are my cheeks still here? That's what the guy on the right seemed to be asking himself. We stopped into this dark bar in San Francisco for a beer at about 4 in the afternoon and these two were the only other customers. Apparently they'd just sealed an important deal that day and were on their 4th bottle of red. The guy on the left reminds me of John Candy with a bad dye job. ;)

JWW

Playing with different shots of red Ti leaf plant in front yard to make a big print for wall hanging. 75mm lux wide open, contrast boosted in PS to make it kinda painterly and give it pop, colors not touched.

Jan

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Maggie, it was right down in the center of town pretty much. Jack's? Something like that. Apparently been around for a hundred years or so. Two floors of tables and lots of local celebs and politicos pictured on the walls. We were tired and thirsty and weren't paying much attention.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

After a feverish brain cramp, I remembered the name. John's Grill, not far from Market. I'm guessing it's a tourist trap. They had the actual Maltese Falcon from the movie on display there. That's about as much as I know since we pounded the beer and headed for Bart.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Well, yeah. SF has a lot of good memories for me--It's hard to have a bad time there.

D

Daveco

A few pics from the local zoo and a horse model competition/show. The zoo gave "easter eggs" to many of the animals. Mostly, it was food inside brightly colored paper bags. The hippo got melons. The pic of the wolves occured when possibly a siren got them howling. Although it is a great sound to hear, it sounds better in the wild than in a zoo. I'm sure the nearby deer appreciated it though.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Easter Disaster

Some hopeful entrepreneur had set up his sunbeds in anticipation of the Easter rush.

He should have consulted the weatherforecast first....:rolleyes::scry:

M8, Summicron 35 2.0 asph, converted using Exposure2.

Terry

Hi Jaap. I like both of the shots however if one had to stand on its own I like the first as it gives you a bit more "information" about the scene and what is going on.

How did you process the first one. It looks like the colors are very desaturated but not grayscale as I think I see a hint of color in the top left sky and on the beach. (I like the effect)

I admire you for always having your camera at the ready and taking lots of really interesting shots.

Last edited: