The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

More from the M9 and .95 Noct..
Very nice. I especially like the first two.

(Have you figured out a way to get your son working to earn you one? You know, shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing lawns, etc. Make it worth his time... tell him you won't show embarrassing childhood photos to his dates in coming years. It's a strategy that's worked for me so far. :D)

Last edited:

Steve Fines

Hello,

I had a pass to the Wave in northern Arizona for December 8th - was planning on taking the M9 out there.

That morning there was about 8" of new snow and 40-50mph winds. "The Wave" became "The Drift". Not nearly as interesting.... :thumbdown:

Anyway, wandered around the area for another day to try and make the best of things. Both of these taken with the wate.

Lloyd

Hello,

I had a pass to the Wave in northern Arizona for December 8th - was planning on taking the M9 out there.

That morning there was about 8" of new snow and 40-50mph winds. "The Wave" became "The Drift". Not nearly as interesting.... :thumbdown:

Anyway, wandered around the area for another day to try and make the best of things. Both of these taken with the wate.
Very nice both! No such thing as a bad day wandering around that area. :thumbup:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
All that way south, Steve, only to run into more snow. I'd be depressed ... especially as it was 0F leaving work last night and driving back this morning. Welcome to winter.

Kurt

leif e

Thanks much, Lloyd and Leif.

Leif, my wife's sister married a Norwegian and lives in Oslo. We try to make it to Norway every couple of years so that my wife can visit her sister. They graciously drag us around the country for a couple of weeks and then send us on our way. This past trip we spent some time on west coast visiting Ålesund and Brandal (where my brother-in-law grew up).

Here's one from Trollstigen ... a nice place for a picnic, no? ;)

Kurt
I´ve travelled Trollstigen once, when I was 14 or 15 - in an old (already then) Ford Taunus 17M (German Fords made in Cologne). The radiotor boiled half way up. Some road that. We were forced to have a picnic. :deadhorse:

leif e

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Leif, I travelled the road once before about 5 or 6 years ago. Interesting enough, they are working on adding a few tourist attractions at the top including this new overlook that has a clear acrylic or glass railing in front. So you get a nice unimpeded view of the fall down. :bugeyes:

A marvellous road indeed, but if you get there, DO NOT just drive back down again; you´ll miss even more spectacular sights!

Drive on south, take the ferry across to Eidsdal, and drive furter south; you´ll soon be far above the timber line again. And then, almost without warning, you round a corner and look right down at the sea in Geirangerfjord, with several waterfalls, and cruising ships looking like toys... On my first visit, I even could look down(!) on a small, passing airplane.

Just don´t try it during winter; the roads will be closed.

Lloyd

Leif, I travelled the road once before about 5 or 6 years ago. Interesting enough, they are working on adding a few tourist attractions at the top including this new overlook that has a clear acrylic or glass railing in front. So you get a nice unimpeded view of the fall down. :bugeyes:
Wow. Impressive view. I don't think I'd try that road in winter.

Steve Fines

A couple of canyon shots from northern Arizona when I was not shooting the Wave. Both with the M9 and wate.

Criticisms and suggestions for improvement welcomed.

1. Canyon X

2. Upper Antelope

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Steve - those are amazing shots. Simply fantastic. Both are wall-hangers.

That is one place I've never had a chance to shoot (slot canyons), and definitely want to get there.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
A couple of canyon shots from northern Arizona when I was not shooting the Wave. Both with the M9 and wate.

1. Canyon X

2. Upper Antelope

Wow! Fantastic shots. I just visited Antelope, but didn't use my M's there. It was my first visit and I wasn't sure what framing to anticipate, so I took zooms. (It is not a good place to change a lens). The WATE (I don't have one:mad:) was perfect. Your composition is excellent.

woodyspedden

1. Canyon X

2. Upper Antelope

Steve

I have shot the Antelope canyons a number of times and I know how difficult it is to get a "fresh" shot.

Your second image with its spectacular sense of motion is the best I have seen for many years. I mean this is not just good, this is spectacular IMHO

Woody

stevem8

Very nice. I especially like the first two.

(Have you figured out a way to get your son working to earn you one? You know, shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing lawns, etc. Make it worth his time... tell him you won't show embarrassing childhood photos to his dates in coming years. It's a strategy that's worked for me so far. :D)
Hey, good idea. Only problem is, my son is not into doing any "work" activity. :)