The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

oc garza

Nice photo. Very subtly surreal. Thanks for posting. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks for the comments about this photo. It was one of those images where all the elements came together for a brief moment. A second later my dog Touch sprinted after a squirrel and the image was gone.

That is the true reality of photography, you capture the image and will never take another just like it :lecture:

jonoslack

Lovely Bart
Are these with the broken M9 . . or the M8 (what's happening with the M9?)

Simeon came home (after 4 months travelling).

It was THIS big:

both taken with the M9 and MATE (I found one!!!!)

Knorp

Lovely Bart
Are these with the broken M9 . . or the M8 (what's happening with the M9?)
both taken with the M9 and MATE (I found one!!!!)
Hi there Jono, that was a hard and long pursuit ! Congrats with the MATE, mate !
I suppose you and Emma are quite happy to have the 'lost' son back. At least he brought some pretty strong stories home for all to enjoy !

Yes, these are from the "one happy day" with the broken 9.
Will get a "grey-loaner" Saturday and then have to wait and see what happens with mine: repair or replacement, but that's not before January.

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Hi there Jono, that was a hard and long pursuit ! Congrats with the MATE, mate !
It certainly was a long pursuit! In the end I got one from ebay for £2024, it isn't coded, but it is absolutely mint (it's hard to believe that it was ever used), everything seems to work properly, and I've hand coded it successfully for the time being.
I suppose you and Emma are quite happy to have the 'lost' son back. At least he brought some pretty strong stories home for all to enjoy !
Yes - we certainly are, as you can see, he's quite enthusiastic!
Yes, these are from the "one happy day" with the broken 9.
Will get a "grey-loaner" Saturday and then have to wait and see what happens with mine: repair or replacement, but that's not before January.

Kind regards.
Well, as a 'half full' person, at least you'll be able to do lots of practising on the shutter of the loaner camera, and when you get yours back it'll be brand new again!

Having seen the way they work at Solms, I think you can be sure that your camera will be at least 'as good as new' (whatever that may mean) when you get it back!

all the best

Knorp

Well, as a 'half full' person, at least you'll be able to do lots of practising on the shutter of the loaner camera, and when you get yours back it'll be brand new again!

Having seen the way they work at Solms, I think you can be sure that your camera will be at least 'as good as new' (whatever that may mean) when you get it back!

all the best
Too me it's even now 'almost full', really ! And I'm not kidding you here. The only down site is that I had to rap-up my camera, so I can't fondle it ... :cry: Tell you what: I'm very curious to find out about the loaner's paint job. I expect it to be an early version with perhaps 'thinner' paint. Might be interesting !

All the best.

jonoslack

Too me it's even now 'almost full', really ! And I'm not kidding you here. The only down site is that I had to rap-up my camera, so I can't fondle it ... :cry: Tell you what: I'm very curious to find out about the loaner's paint job. I expect it to be an early version with perhaps 'thinner' paint. Might be interesting !

All the best.
Nothing like a good fondle!
I know that conventional wisdom is that it's good to have something brand new rather than 'repaired'. But I think it's a bit different with an M9, which is hand made anyway - I think it's just a case of putting it back in the production line at the appropriate point (i.e. wherever the sensor is fitted). All the calibration and testing will then be done again, just as if it were the first time.

Here's one taken this morning (before the heavens opened) . . . shows what good it does if I go to church :ROTFL:

Mate at 28mm fsomethingorotherprobably8

stevem8

Wow, I have not been here in a week or two and LOVE how its now merged with M8/M9. More photos, more members and the images are so good! Anyway, here is one from this morning with the M9/Zeiss 35 C-Biogon at 2.8.