The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Tom, The second photo is beautiful. But, wait..... I thought you were only buying a 35mm lens to start...but the legend says 50 f/1.4.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: ...slippery slope and all of that! Your daughter is beautiful and I look forward to more like this.

Reynolds, Your photo would make a beautiful Christmas card. Lovely.

Jaap, Nice black and white tones. The back-lighting is really nice.

Lloyd

Foggy night in Victoria, M8, 50 lux,

Today is our first day of sun in almost two weeks. This is very unsual weather for a south Texas late fall/early winter. We are having dense fog at night and early mornings. I have lots of these :D
Another wonderful image. Nicely done.

Lloyd

Being close to despair for trying the CV 21 I got for the M8 the other day, I brought the camera with me while getting lunch. Nothing much to photograph, the staircase had to do.:D
Still; I am a bit impressed and do. happy with the technical quality/sharpness/detail. Outside was a bright and cold winter´s day, the sky very blue, the sun coming in low from the side. Exposure and color balance mildly adjusted in Aperture.
leif e
Very nice, Leif. I have that lens as well, and find it performs wonderfully.

Lloyd

Rachel stopped by this evening to bring our granddaughter for a visit. Before heading out for "date night" with her husband, she indulged me for a few minutes.

M8, 35 Cron ASPH:

oc garza

There is no doubt the holiday spirit has descended on this thread because these are fabulous posts and great photographs. :)

Keep clicking everyone, and happy holidays!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Lloyd,
You are a lucky man to be surrounded by beautiful women (mother, wife, daughter, granddaughter). The black and white of Rachel is my pic.

Merry Christmas everyone!

leif e

I just have to make a statement.:D
Today 1 a.m. 29 3/4 hours before the days start getting longer again.:):)

leif e
M8 CV 1,4/35 SC

Last edited:

DavidE

Rachel stopped by this evening to bring our granddaughter for a visit. Before heading out for "date night" with her husband, she indulged me for a few minutes.
That's a beautiful portrait, Lloyd.

I think I prefer the color one, in part because of the hues and textures in the hair. The lighting works so well, the image has an almost three-dimensional quality. Bravo!

Lloyd

Lloyd,
You are a lucky man to be surrounded by beautiful women (mother, wife, daughter, granddaughter). The black and white of Rachel is my pic.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Thank you Cindy. I'm very Lucky indeed. I count my blessings and I run out of fingers and toes long before I finish.

Lloyd

I just have to make a statement.:D
Today 1 a.m. 29 3/4 hours before the days start getting longer again.:):)

leif e
M8 CV 1,4/35 SC
I'm with you on that one, Leif. Our days don't get a short as yours (nor, unfortunately, as long in the summer), but I'm sooo looking forward more light!!

Lloyd

That's a beautiful portrait, Lloyd.

I think I prefer the color one, in part because of the hues and textures in the hair. The lighting works so well, the image has an almost three-dimensional quality. Bravo!
Thank you, David. Much appreciated.

DavidE

It started snowing, and I thought I would photograph the falling snow with a flash. Unfortunately, the close-focus shots of the snow didn't work out -- the snow flakes looked like oddly shaped blobs.

It turned out that the flash was strong enough to light up the nearby tree branches (I was hanging out of a window). So I changed the focus to photograph the trees.

M9, 50 lux, SF58 flash

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]