The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

My wife and my mother on Christmas Day at about 1:30pm, the lights of the Christmas tree reflecting in Mom's glasses. This with the M8 and the 35 Cron ASPH:

And here's my mother several hours later that same day, after she tripped on the sidewalk in front of her home, landing flat on her face. Her glasses shattered, cutting a large gash over her eyebrow. Fortunately, her eye was not affected. She spent a couple of hours in the ER, and they took an MRI of her head, but she's apparently ok, just very banged up. How quickly things can change!

This taken by my Dad with a pocket digicam.

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lloyd - best wishes to your mother for a speedy recovery and I am glad she is OK. Tell her all your friends at GetDPI send her good energy to keep her spirits high for the rest of the holiday season.

shtarka1

Geesh Lloyd! I was admiring that wonderful image of your mom & wife & then my Heart Sunk on the second shot! Im so glad she wasn't seriously injured!
I've been through quite a few of those with my (departed) mom & it's devastating! That first shot is so nice, especially with the tree reflection in her glasses! Please give her my best!

This thread is full of extreme talent! Im not posting anything with my new M9 until i produce something worthy! :)

Lloyd

cmb_ Many thanks, much appreciated.

Steve, Thank you, my friend. She's doing well, all things considered. Just misses her glasses... and the $375+ it's costing to fix them! ouch x 2!

Nick_Yoon

Just back from a trip to Cairo, so I'll be posting those for a while here. Went with M8 and M9 and a variety of lenses but carried the 35 Lux ASPH and 21 Elmarit pre-ASPH most of the time.

Lloyd

Just back from a trip to Cairo, so I'll be posting those for a while here. Went with M8 and M9 and a variety of lenses but carried the 35 Lux ASPH and 21 Elmarit pre-ASPH most of the time.
Terrific images, Nick. Looking forward to more.

m_driscoll

My wife and my mother on Christmas Day at about 1:30pm, the lights of the Christmas tree reflecting in Mom's glasses. This with the M8 and the 35 Cron ASPH:

And here's my mother several hours later that same day, after she tripped on the sidewalk in front of her home, landing flat on her face. Her glasses shattered, cutting a large gash over her eyebrow. Fortunately, her eye was not affected. She spent a couple of hours in the ER, and they took an MRI of her head, but she's apparently ok, just very banged up. How quickly things can change!

This taken by my Dad with a pocket digicam.
Lloyd: Beautiful photo of your wife and mother. The second was horrible. Glad she's OK. My mother turned 87 in mid-December and I worry. Best wishes for her speedy recovery. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Lloyd: Beautiful photo of your wife and mother. The second was horrible. Glad she's OK. My mother turned 87 in mid-December and I worry. Best wishes for her speedy recovery. Cheers.

Thank you Matt. Much appreciated. My mother is 79, and is still going strong, but I can't help but worry. By the way, I found out that she was actually running to catch my Dad, who was about to drive away in the car!! Running?!?(Apparently her purse was in the car, and she thought she'd need it before he returned.) She said it was the first time in many years, and said, "it actually felt good, until I fell." Go figure. :eek:

m_driscoll

Thank you Matt. Much appreciated. My mother is 79, and is still going strong, but I can't help but worry. By the way, I found out that she was actually running to catch my Dad, who was about to drive away in the car!! Running?!?(Apparently her purse was in the car, and she thought she'd need it before he returned.) She said it was the first time in many years, and said, "it actually felt good, until I fell." Go figure. :eek:
Hard to keep a good women down! My mother bought the house next door to us and lives there by herself. She's close but independent. Cheers.

otumay

What a traffic in so little time!
Lloyd, I'm very sorry for that mishap your mom has gone through, I wish her a speedy recovery. The first shot is a masterpiece.
Nick, I'm awed by your photos. Thank you.
C_R, very nice bw conversion.
Matt, striking shots on one of my favorite subjects.
Best,
Osman