The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Don Libby

Wow, great stuff here today. Love those market shots, Matt. I'm with Jono, the boy's expression in the second "rainbow carrots" shots makes it the winner for me.

Jeff: Impressive images, showing not only the beautiful results possible with the M9, and what a great lens that 24 lux is, but also your eye and compositional skill. Thanks for sharing... let's see MUCH more. ;)

t_streng: Beautiful images in the glacier. That first one is just killer!!
Agree with everything Lloyd has said particularly the glacier shots. I’ve got to travel days from Arizona to even get a wee small glimpse of a glacier.

Don

m_driscoll

Jono: Thanks for commenting. I think you're right about the second shot. Maybe your weather's just a marketing thing to get everybody in a Winter Olympics mood?

Lloyd/Osman: Thanks for the comments.

Thomas: Nice glacier shots. "See them while you can". I think the phrase is something like "Alaska, see it while you can".

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Alnitak

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just switched from Canon to Leica this summer, first with the M8.2 and now the M9. One of my favorite lenses on the Canon was the 24/1.4L II, and the 24/1.4 Lux is fast becoming my favorite lens on the M9. I'm off to Switzerland and London for a ten days, so I will post some more images from that trip as the week goes along.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Mozambique Boy

The M9 and Summilux 50 asph are a magic combo. I was struck by the 3D effect of this shot.

Lloyd

Re: Mozambique Boy

The M9 and Summilux 50 asph are a magic combo. I was struck by the 3D effect of this shot.
I don't agree... with the magic part. Magic isn't real, it's an illusion. No illusion here, just an astounding image, taken with an extraordinary camera/lens combination. :lecture:

It's just... well, oh hell, ok, it's magic! :rolleyes:

m_driscoll

Jeff & T streng Fantastic dispays!
Matt, the veggies are excellent! This B&W is Smokin!!! The P.P. is Stellar! I Love this Shot!!
Lloyd: Thanks. I'm having fun. It does have a "film" look without using a "preset". No complaints at ISO 1000.

Steve: Thanks. Your tip about using Color Selection in Photoshop after conversion in Siver Efex is part of my B & W workflow now. Thanks again.

Cheers,

otumay

Jaap, I agree with everything Lloyd wrote about that shot. Immense sense of depth, as well.
Best,
Osman

m_driscoll

Re: Mozambique Boy

Jaap: Very nice. It is very 3-dimensional. I like the way the DOF works with his body angled. The eye goes to the face and then to his leading left hand and then to the OOF right hand. It exaggerates the perception of depth and creates a sense of movement towards you. Cool. Thanks for sharing.

leif e

So many great shots!:)

From Norway we have not much to report except -22C and the sun for a few hours a day. Winter, that is.:D
M8 & CV 4/25

jonoslack

Jaap-lovely shot of the boy.
Matt, the clarinetist is sublime
Leif - not so cold here but plenty of snow.

Here's how to keep your neck warm in this chilly weather:

M9
90mm elmarit at f2.8 (lovely lens).
2500 ISO incidentally!

Last edited: