The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Jono,

Actually, I prefer the B&W version. It has some serious punch and just really works for me.

Keep in mind, I shoot almost 100% color and process almost 100% color... so for me to like the B&W.... well, you get the point. :)

:thumbup:

David

PS - I just noticed that the tree leaves in the upper left corner seem to have halos on them. Perhaps from your SilverFX processing?
HI David
Thanks - much appreciated, as for the halos on the pine trees at the top left - I probably was a little careless with the processing, it'll be back to the drawing board there :(
This kind of black and white landscape is very much a work in progress, but I'm slowly getting to a method which will produce consistent results.

I guess this is where it started
(M8)

leif e

@ Jono´s winter church: The color version is great, but the B&W works even better for me. You gotta love Silver Efex Pro! And; what a beautiful old church!
leif e

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks for the comments; much appreciated.

and yes, grandparenting is great. who else can call me grandpop?

jonoslack

Thanks Lloyd
The vote seems to go with the black and white.
@ Jono´s winter church: The color version is great, but the B&W works even better for me. You gotta love Silver Efex Pro! And; what a beautiful old church!
leif e
Isn't it great Leif . . and a little touch of Vivezza first to get the contrasts right . . . .

here is a simple little thing

Again, it's with the MATE - fine when it's cold and changing lenses is an unpleasant experience!

Alnitak

Jono, I am loving the winter shots you are posting. I also prefer the church in B&W and the second church in the mountains looks like a stunning location.

Jeff

Alnitak

Two quick ones from today in Geneva, M9 and WATE @ 16mm:

I realize some may not like my angle choice on the first one, but its something I like to do with ultra-wides from time to time. Call it part of my style. :D

I woke up to about 15cm of fresh snow and -2C temps. Quite a change from Los Angeles!

Jeff

Gary P

I've been driving by this seen a few times over the week. Took advantage of the weekend to trudge my way up to (but not over) the electric fence and shoot this scene. M8.2 90 Elmarit 250th at F8. Used the Leica Polarizer and got some lens flare on the upper left. Oh well. Which is preferred color or B/W?

I love this thread, such great images!

Lloyd

Two quick ones from today in Geneva, M9 and WATE @ 16mm:

I realize some may not like my angle choice on the first one, but its something I like to do with ultra-wides from time to time. Call it part of my style. :D

I woke up to about 15cm of fresh snow and -2C temps. Quite a change from Los Angeles!

Jeff
Yes, that would be quite a change from LA. Clear, crisp, beautiful images. Nice. The M9 and the WATE were made for each other.

Lloyd

I've been driving by this seen a few times over the week. Took advantage of the weekend to trudge my way up to (but not over) the electric fence and shoot this scene. M8.2 90 Elmarit 250th at F8. Used the Leica Polarizer and got some lens flare on the upper left. Oh well. Which is preferred color or B/W?

Very nice, Gary. I think I prefer the color version of this one. The color is subtle, and adds some interest, IMHO.

Alnitak

@Lloyd: Thanks, I agree. I am using the WATE quite a bit with the M9.

@Gary: I agree with Lloyd, the color is better. It's almost B&W, but the subtle hint of color really adds to it.

Jeff

m_driscoll

"Balloon Man" and "Don and Joe's Meats"

First time with this lens on the M9. Has noticeable vignetting at f/1. Also had to go get a different diopter to facilitate my focusing. Two that were in focus at Seattle's Pike Place Market. Cheers.

1. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/1000s @ f/1.5; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/90s @ f/2.5; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

jonoslack

HI Gary
I also prefer the colour (lovely shot) - but I think perhaps the black and white has scope for further work . . . any way, I've sent you a pm about it.

all the best

jonoslack

Jono, I am loving the winter shots you are posting. I also prefer the church in B&W and the second church in the mountains looks like a stunning location.

Jeff
HI Jeff
Thank you!
I love the Geneva shots - especially the first one with the odd angle, I think it works really well. The WATE is such a winner with the M9 - none of the old hassles, and one can even fall in love with the frankenfinder :ROTFL:

Matt - your balloon man is really fine - excellent
Reynolds - love the Coffee Shop Quartet (if that's what it is!).

all the best

Lloyd

Re: "Balloon Man" and "Don and Joe's Meats"

First time with this lens on the M9. Has noticeable vignetting at f/1. Also had to go get a different diopter to facilitate my focusing. Two that were in focus at Seattle's Pike Place Market. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Very nice, Matt. Love the look of that first one, and the b/w of the second is perfect. Look like that is a good marriage.