The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Since he's too modest to toot his own horn, I thought I'd give a heads up about our fellow forum member 2x2, who's just published a very impressive book of photos, all taken with the Leica M8.

The book can be previewed online HERE.

I'd suggest you view it fullscreen.

Stuart Richardson

Where did you find the 90/2.8 Hexanon Lloyd? You are using it well. I bought mine when I was living in Japan, and I have always been impressed at how well-built and highly-performing it is.

Lloyd

Where did you find the 90/2.8 Hexanon Lloyd? You are using it well. I bought mine when I was living in Japan, and I have always been impressed at how well-built and highly-performing it is.
Thanks Stuart. I've wanted one for some time now, as I have the same opinion. I saw this one come up for sale on Rangefinderforum.com's classified a while back. Bought it within the first minute it was posted. I have 4 90mm M lenses, but I tend to default to this one these days.

Lloyd

Love the last 3 buddy! Nice tones!

Say Hi to the "Mailman", Karl Malone for me!:)
LOL. Yeah, ok... he's not around these parts much anymore. Owns a couple of car dealerships here, and comes up to see his in-laws on occasion, but spends most of his time in Louisiana.

What's funny is that a number of years ago (like about 20), I was asked to be "background" in the weight-room (along with a couple of other guys from our gym) while they shot a TV special about Karl and his weight lifting routine. The producer saw me in the gym and said I had the "perfect triceps" for their piece. Had me on the cable machine behind Karl while they interviewed him... my "15 minutes" I guess. :thumbup:

Lloyd

This is a killa! :thumbs:
Thanks Corlan. I've killed more than a little time with that book. It's Cyclops, by Albert Watson, who I think is an absolutely amazing photographer (he has over 200 covers for Vogue, and more than 40 covers for Rolling Stone).

shtarka1

LOL. Yeah, ok... he's not around these parts much anymore. Owns a couple of car dealerships here, and comes up to see his in-laws on occasion, but spends most of his time in Louisiana.

What's funny is that a number of years ago (like about 20), I was asked to be "background" in the weight-room (along with a couple of other guys from our gym) while they shot a TV special about Karl and his weight lifting routine. The producer saw me in the gym and said I had the "perfect triceps" for their piece. Had me on the cable machine behind Karl while they interviewed him... my "15 minutes" I guess. :thumbup:
Lloyd, i thought there was a slight resemblance to Frank Zane!:grin:

Lloyd

Lloyd, i thought there was a slight resemblance to Frank Zane!:grin:
:ROTFL: Yeah, me and The Chemist, we're peas in a pod!

Actually, it's more like what a duck and a bicycle have in common... they both have handlebars, except the duck!

shtarka1

Steve, you make me craving for crispy duck strips. Wonder why... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Corlan, you "Sly Dog" You!:cool:
:ROTFL: Yeah, me and The Chemist, we're peas in a pod!

Actually, it's more like what a duck and a bicycle have in common... they both have handlebars, except the duck!
You're Good Buddy!:clap:

m_driscoll

Steve/Lloyd/DavidE: Thanks for your kind comments.

DavidE: At first, I thought that was one of Steve's MMA photos! Great photos. I'm glad you explained why Casio did it. Gotta love Vegas. At least once a decade. Also, that shot of the ride at Circus Circus is very nice

Steve: Those are great. Nice PP and composition. I like the "pinhole" effect in the first and the spatial layering in the second that leads you back to the cook at the left. The reflections are intriguing. Are those billboards across the street?

Lloyd: Nice landscape and closeups. That's a pretty sweet lens. I like the book photo with the razor thin DOF. Looks cold in SLC. Thanks for the ref to "City Life". His photos are excellent.. Blurb's great.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wonderful work as usual! I love the variety that shows up in these threads. I enjoy "avoiding" them for a few days and then clicking to find all the treats that reside here. Thanks for posting.

Best,
Tim