The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This ain't art, but it's been keeping me busy and I'm finding the process of cutting Pine on my property to be enormously satisfying so I thought I'd share a few snapshots.

I'm working with an experienced woodsman and learning something every day. Right now he cuts and I twitch the logs out of the woods and pile them up for the portable sawmill that will come later. The numbers on the ends of the logs are estimates of board footage contained in the log. Right now, there's about 2,000 board feet piled up and when we get to around 4k, we'll call the sawyer. By the time we're done, we're hoping to have a total of about 30,000 to 40,000 board feet cut and sawn. Oh yeah, and I sleep really well at night!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Excellent shots all!

Matt, you're killing me with those Noct shots. Tim, the winter air doesn't seem so cold when you are involved in strenuous work.

Here's a morning commute shot on the way in this morning with the M9 and 35lux ... through a salty windshield.

Kurt

Lloyd

This ain't art, but it's been keeping me busy and I'm finding the process of cutting Pine on my property to be enormously satisfying so I thought I'd share a few snapshots.

...and I sleep really well at night!
LOL. I'll just bet you do. That's serious work, my friend. :salute:

Lloyd

Excellent shots all!

Here's a morning commute shot on the way in this morning with the M9 and 35lux ... through a salty windshield.

Kurt
Kurt, you better be careful!!! Big Brother is at work in your area! That 35 lux reveals that those street lights are actually scanners checking the passing cars!! That telltale, nearly vertical, and very narrow beam from each light source is the giveaway. :eek::eek: :D

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, either that or I need to get more wiper fluid. ;)

Kurt, you better be careful!!! Big Brother is at work in your area! That 35 lux reveals that those street lights are actually scanners checking the passing cars!! That telltale, nearly vertical, and very narrow beam from each light source is the giveaway. :eek::eek: :D

Stuart Richardson

Kurt -- funny, we had exactly the same idea today. I took this just before 1pm...not so much light right now, which is why I don't have that many photos lately...

Not an artsy photo, but that is the view on the way back from the camera store.
Also taken with the M9 and 35lux.

Lloyd

Kurt -- funny, we had exactly the same idea today. I took this just before 1pm...not so much light right now, which is why I don't have that many photos lately...

Be careful Stuart. Looks like there's a scanner directly in front of you there. Seems to be emitting a yellow beam. ;)

Stuart Richardson

Actually, there is a speed cam/scanner directly to my right, out of frame. The in front should be red....if it was yellow I would be barreling through the intersection with little or no concern for myself or others.

DavidE

Re: "Violation of Child Labor Law, Chihuahua, and Elephant Garlic"

M9; 50mm f/1; 1/250s @ f/1.0; -1/3 EV; ISO 160
Wow! That is a truly great photo. Leica could use this image to sell a boatload of M9 and Noctilux combos. Well done, Matt (as the British like to say it).

DavidE

Two more from the recent CES trip, both with the 50 lux.

The first was shot just outside the South hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The second is from a glass-encased exhibit at the Hard Rock Cafe.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. Here's another sunset shot taken a few minutes later, again with the 50 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Tim!

Sturart, it's a shame that the winter light is so short with such a beautiful winter landscape in the background. Hopefully you are buying something good at the camera store.

Kurt

shtarka1

Kurt...Love that shot!

Stuart...Incredible view!

David E...Intense color! Like the dude in red!

Gero..Like the bird compositions! Hope you didn't take any Hits!:)

Have a great weekend...