The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

I posted the b/w version of this earlier, but decided I really like the color.

M8, Hexanon 90/2.8 @ 2.8:

jonoslack

I'm not sure if i could even recognize "backfocusing". Any reference material on-line?
HI Matt - this is really simple.

Backfocusing is when you want to get the pimple on the tip of someone's nose in focus, and you're picture focuses on their ears
FrontFocusing is when you want to get the hairs in their ears in focus . . . and you get the pimple on the tip of their nose instead.

:)

m_driscoll

Steve: Thanks for the compliment.

Lloyd: I like the color. It's so simple, it's almost monochromatic. The gradation of OOf on the angled sheet metal wall (?) makes a perfect background for the grass. I think it's stronger in color.

Jono: Thanks for the explanation. I won't ask my wife to be the model (not with that description).

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

jonoslack

More great market shots Matt
Nice grass Lloyd (maybe you should be doing more grass and less excercise?:p)

Shopping trip:

M9, 50 'lux, Bryony, Echo, Silver efex pro, 1250 ISO

Alnitak

I'm back in Los Angeles and it's pouring rain, so why not a few shots of sunny old England? :ROTFL:

M9 + 24mm Summilux @ f/8; Lloyd's Building and Willis Building:

M9 + 24mm Summilux @ f/8; Lloyd's Building:

M9 + 24mm Summilux @ f/8; Heron Tower rising (it will be the tallest in London when complete):

Jeff

DavidE

What the suave and debonair people are wearing in Las Vegas these days:

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots bisht -- what were you doing in Rwanda?

Here are some I took this afternoon -- I just needed to get out of town...not much light still, I have been stuck in the city, so I tried to go for a drive. I did not really have a destination in mind, and I wound up at the geothermal fields east of the city. I only took a couple of shots because it was cold, dark, grey and windy. In the color images, Lightroom had 15,000-50,000K as being the white point...it is amazing how blue the light is here at this time of year.
The road I took...only one other set of tracks:

bisht

Stuart,

Thank you for your comment! I've heard that Iceland is a particularly beautiful place, but at this time of year I'm happy to be in the relatively mild climate of Washington State, USA.

I work as a Cardiologist, and was visiting Rwanda to help arrange for some open-heart surgeries planned for this February in Kigali. Rheumatic heart disease is a serious problem in much of the world, and there are a large number of young people dying of heart failure for the lack of a few dollars-worth of antibiotics. Sorry if this is too much information...I've been radicalized by my recent experience.

Best regards,
Tim

Stuart Richardson

Thanks for the information Tim -- I was curious as to what brought you there, because it is not the sort of place where tourists would wind up. I figured you might be involved with an NGO there. It's nice to hear that you are doing what you can to help.

As for Iceland -- yes, it is very beautiful here, even at this time of year. When there is light....but even when there isn't, but that makes it harder to capture with a camera. It's not THAT cold though...it was right around freezing where I took the photos, and it was rather warm yesterday -- 9 degrees C, which is about 50F. We even had a brief thunder, lighting and hail storm today. The first that I can remember here. I'm rambling now though...

Kurt, here is a white balanced shot similar to the one I just posted:

That's at 25,000K -9 magenta.
Here is another shot where I chose the "daylight" setting in lightroom...that sets it to 5500k and +10 magenta. With this, it looks like a cyanotype. When the light is this blue, even your brain can't fully compensate, so the landscape looks very blue-gray.