The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maybe I wasn't Clear - mines the 50/1.5. Sorry
I've had that 50 f/1.5 Nokton (Nocti, Lux, Lux ASPH, too). The f/1.5 Nokton is a very nice lens, especially for the money. I think this is a case where the artist shines through, no matter what lens he uses....very nice portraits, especially the first.

Lloyd

Great Harley shots, Matt.
Brilliant composition Woody.
Very, very cute puppy, Jono!
James, those portraits are simply incredible... truly. And Cindy is correct, there's a lot more to say about the artist than the implement.

Alnitak

Great shots, James. Really something to see all the wear on the face of those gentlemen.

Jono, love the puppy shots. Our new puppy will be coming home in two weeks. Can't wait!

oc garza

Osman, Lloyd. m driscoll, and shtarka1 - thanks for the kind comment about the fog shot in Victoria. It was absolutely the most dense fog I have ever seen here at home. Outmay, here is the color version. The color temperature off the two big lights did give the scene an eerie glow but in the thick fog, not a lot of light. I was shooting at 1/15th with the 90 cron wide open hoping I could hold it steady enough for a sharp shot.

This is one of those scenes I walk by everyday - the two stunted, gnarled oak trees in the middle of a field next to the college - but the fog and the back lighting made the scene really memorable that morning.

Eerily beautiful, O.C. Garza. I wonder how the color version looked like.
Osman

oc garza

Jono, once Billingham sees those shots they will add a "Berger des Pyrénées" option and include the dog :ROTFL: That mate has what I would call a "ton of sharpness."

Alnitak

Osman, Lloyd. m driscoll, and shtarka1 - thanks for the kind comment about the fog shot in Victoria. It was absolutely the most dense fog I have ever seen here at home. Outmay, here is the color version. The color temperature off the two big lights did give the scene an eerie glow but in the thick fog, not a lot of light. I was shooting at 1/15th with the 90 cron wide open hoping I could hold it steady enough for a sharp shot.

This is one of those scenes I walk by everyday - the two stunted, gnarled oak trees in the middle of a field next to the college - but the fog and the back lighting made the scene really memorable that morning.
Love that color version.

Jeff

m_driscoll

A focusing exercise. Traded two Leica and one Nikon lens for a new 24 lux today. Rainy outside; so, I shot around the house. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/15s @ f/2; ISO 800 (Fender logo)

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/1.4; ISO 1000 (Fender logo)

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/2; ISO 1000 (print behind boat)

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Thanks for sharing the color version. It is beautiful. It is so beautiful that I could not decide which version was better, so I'll say both. The eeriness apparently was not diminished due to color. A very good shot, all in all.
Best
Osman

Knorp

Hi there Jono,

Caspar (try to pronounce that in French, it sounds lovely) is going to be a very photogenic dog, no doubt ! Btw how are your other dogs welcoming the new boy ?

Kind regards.

HI Stuart
Thank you
Puppies are cute I'm afraid! - avoiding corny is the problem (so maybe black and white is good).

Here are some colour ones:

Caspar Arriving

all the best

jonoslack

Hi there Jono,

Caspar (try to pronounce that in French, it sounds lovely) is going to be a very photogenic dog, no doubt ! Btw how are your other dogs welcoming the new boy ?

Kind regards.
HI There Bart
The name was a bone of many contentions (trying to please 5 people is not easy!). I think that he'll be a scruffy oik kind of a dog (suits me), if Blue teaches him to swim, then he'll be a wet muddy kind of scruffy oik! (which probably does amount to photogenic - in my book at least).

As for the other dogs - Dixie died in November after 14 healthy years, so she doesn't mind. Blue seemed fine until the puppy pulled his tail, at which point we thought he'd killed it (the noise the puppy made was positively blood curdling ). . . care is required - especially as he is very big, and the puppy isn't!

I hope your returned M9 is now behaving itself!
all the best

stevem8

I met this guy while photographing under a bridge. He asked what I was doing, I said I was an artist doing urban landscapes. He went into his bag and gave me a handful of colored magic markers and told me he was not an artist, and I'd probably know what to do with them better than he would. I took his portrait. M9, CV 50mm Nokton.

This is SUPERB! Love it. The portrait itself, the man, his expression, the B&W conversion and your skill. Bravo!