The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

otumay

Osman: +1. I especially like the dog shot. The color of the dog stands out nicely from the more monochromatic trees. The orange WC signs adds a nice bit of punctuation. Did it snow in the city too; or, is the Arboretum at a greater elevation? Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank you David and Matt. Most welcome.
Matt, it did snow in the city as well. In fact, Istanbul was covered in snow for the last week, but rainfall swept away the white blanket now. The arboretum is very close to the city, but, being in the open, it is always colder there.
Best,
Osman

gero

Wednesday's post - from Mustique. Not much going on here. I'm fundamentally bored by Caribbean islands. Shot with my M9 in heavy rain. Slight rangefinder fogging, which cured itself in an hour or so.
Woody, the only Baobab that I know of in the American continent is in Mustique. You should do a study of it with the wate.

Jaimes, I like the 3d with the dor inn the center, it the entrance the the 4th dimention.

I like those 24 shots a lot from otumay and driscoll

Last edited:

Alnitak

Osman, what a great series of snow images. I didn't even realize that it snowed in Istanbul.

James, the slightly desaturated color works really well in that urban image.

Jeff

J

jlp

I really enjoy visiting this part of the forum and seeing the vast diversity of images . . . well done all!

This is photo of a lone island on a tranquil pond at the Abbey of the Genesee, home of the Monks Bread bakery. Time was late fall.

Thanks for looking and continually posting wonderful images.

M8.2 w/Konica M-Hexanon Dual 21/35 @ 35mm.

Lloyd

I really enjoy visiting this part of the forum and seeing the vast diversity of images . . . well done all!

This is photo of a lone island on a tranquil pond at the Abbey of the Genesee, home of the Monks Bread bakery. Time was late fall.

Thanks for looking and continually posting wonderful images.

M8.2 w/Konica M-Hexanon Dual 21/35 @ 35mm.
Gorgeous image! Love the b/w conversion as well. :thumbup:

otumay

Osman, what a great series of snow images. I didn't even realize that it snowed in Istanbul.

Jeff
Thank you, Jeff. Yes, it does snow here every year, and with an uneven landscape like San Fransisco, driving in Istanbul requires skill when roads are frozen.

Osman

shtarka1

Ok Matt, the first shot is So Cool! Everything in it "plays" together! The old man's face is a photographer's dream! The light around his beard! The detail of the guitar strings sticking out at the front! The juxtaposition of "modern man" (Elvis Costello's 6th cousin ,twice removed:D!)walking behind the old country man! The hustle & bustle of the truck entering....just Explodes with Verve! Love these types of images! Once again....I tip my 10 Gallon Hat to you Sir!

Lloyd

Ok Matt, the first shot is So Cool! Everything in it "plays" together! The old man's face is a photographer's dream! The light around his beard! The detail of the guitar strings sticking out at the front! The juxtaposition of "modern man" (Elvis Costello's 6th cousin ,twice removed:D!)walking behind the old country man! The hustle & bustle of the truck entering....just Explodes with Verve! Love these types of images! Once again....I tip my 10 Gallon Hat to you Sir!
Yup, Steve took the words right off my fingertips. ;)
What he said. +1

J

jlp

Lloyd, Matt, and Steve--thanks for your kind comments. The B&W conversion clearly surpassed (to my eye) the color rendition. Glad you enjoyed the photo.

Jack

DavidE

We have a beech tree in our yard that doesn't lose its leaves until the spring (the leaves do turn brown, though). Shot with a M9 and 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. I do like that M9 and 24 lux combination. They create the magic. I just have to remember to get out of the way.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. I do like that M9 and 24 lux combination. They create the magic. I just have to remember to get out of the way.
Nice moment. (Now come on, David. That 24 has a wide coverage, but it's not that wide, such that you have to "get out of the way", is it? :D)