The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Alnitak

David, I'd like to see that beech in color. I loved beeches when I lived out east, and if I recall correctly, those leaves should be a lovely warm brown, while the back will be gray. Should be a nice color combination with the blue sky.

Jeff

DavidE

(Now come on, David. That 24 has a wide coverage, but it's not that wide, such that you have to "get out of the way", is it? :D)
Good one :thumbup: Didn't see that one coming (must have been too busy getting out of the way). :D

DavidE

David, I'd like to see that beech in color. I loved beeches when I lived out east, and if I recall correctly, those leaves should be a lovely warm brown, while the back will be gray. Should be a nice color combination with the blue sky.

Jeff
I don't have any winter shots of it against the blue sky. That's a good idea. I'll try it when the weather clears.

Here's that same shot unprocessed.

And here's another shot of that same tree from back in December using a flash at night.

DavidE

Did the flash pick up snow in the second shot? It's a neat effect.
Yep, I just opened the window and fired away with the flash attached. Wasn't sure what I would get, but was hoping the snow would show up -- whether in focus or out of focus.

jonoslack

Playing 'chicken' with the big boy
2000 ISO 50 'lux at f1.4
dark kitchen .. . . . fast action (one does what one can)

This is beginning to look like a new friendship

jonoslack

Need a D700 for those action shots. Cheers.
HI Matt
Thank you - don't want a D700 . . . you can't imagine how badly I don't want one (I did have one, and a D3 . . never could get to grips with the colour).
I do have an A900 and a zeiss 135 f1.8 though, and that's probably better for action stuff.

On the other hand, I think that jumping shot works better with the blur, at least in black and white.

all the best