The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

These days, there's always a newer, more expensive hotel, like the Aria, that is trying to attract the upper-tier gamblers. Apparently, the $2.99 lobster-and-steak dinner doesn't cut it with this group.

It's all lost on me, as I don't gamble. I just go to Vegas for some of the tradeshows there.

Here's a view of the Aria hotel from the outside. I have no idea what the canoe sculpture in the lower right-hand corner is all about. It was in front of one of the other Center Center hotels.
David: Nice image. Slick, modern, hotel-anywhere. The canoe/kayak sculpture seems like a very strange thing to find in Vegas. Not an outdoorsy kind of place! I'm not a gambler either. I've been in Vegas three times: once while on leave from Twentynine Palms (1969), once on my way to St. George (2002), and once to meet my daughter (2004). Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments :)

Have a few more to share....... now with the M8.2 and the Zeiss 21 f2.8 Biogon (This is one sharp lens!!)

Still getting used to shooting with this thing. I can't seem to automatically grab the camera and shoot - a lot of fiddling going on and my fingers keeps getting in the way when I focus...... It's fun learning it though.

+1. The quality of light is very nice. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

roanjoh

JAMES - that is a great shot of that sign!!! Love the atmosphere.....

WOODY - That stitched snow scape is amazing!!!

JEFF - I'd like to see these 2 lenses perform on an M9 too!! Too bad I'm $7000 short!!! heheheheheheh!!! Will most definitely upgrade when I can afford.

Alnitak

Went down to Hollywood today and walked the street. I love the look on the people to the right here. I think they must have been from Iowa. :D To be fair, the guy had a prosthetic tongue that was about six inches long, and he could curl it. Pretty impressive. M9 + MATE @ 28mm for both images:

Quite the prediction--he has been back and perhaps too many times. Luckily, when it comes to political office, we have term limits, so he won't be back in office--or will he? The latest rumor is that he will run for the Senate in the future:

Jeff

m_driscoll

Galleria, Houston. M8 35 cron
Good eye. Nice juxtaposition.

Went down to Hollywood today and walked the street. I love the look on the people to the right here. I think they must have been from Iowa. :D To be fair, the guy had a prosthetic tongue that was about six inches long, and he could curl it. Pretty impressive. M9 + MATE @ 28mm for both images:

Quite the prediction--he has been back and perhaps too many times. Luckily, when it comes to political office, we have term limits, so he won't be back in office--or will he? The latest rumor is that he will run for the Senate in the future:

Jeff
Must have stopped raining in California. Well seen. To be fair, that guy would merit a stare anywhere. And, Arnold will be back.

Cheers,

aboudd

First "serious" image with new M9

I finally got some decent weather and a chance to test my M9 in predawn light. This shot of Key bridge was taken with the M9 and a 50MM Summicron, ISO 400. Minor color correction for the mixed light sources.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Re: First "serious" image with new M9

I finally got some decent weather and a chance to test my M9 in predawn light. This shot of Key bridge was taken with the M9 and a 50MM Summicron, ISO 400. Minor color correction for the mixed light sources.
Beautiful shot, Aboud. Nicely done indeed.

jonoslack

Lovely O.C.
And isn't that the same guy looking at the leggy bloke in your shot Jeffrey?
I know who I think looks stranger :ROTFL: