The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Did someone mention a pony?

M9 and 24 lux

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Had forgotten I had already posted that pony photo back in December. So here's something I haven't posted before (also M9 and 24 lux).

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

Alnitak

Well, since Jono is posting more dog pics, here's my contribution in the adorable puppy department (M9 + 75mm Summicron AA, f/2):

I didn't quite nail the focus but it's close enough for me, and I only had a second where the pup was looking right at my daughter. That's our pup looking, and the other four were down. She comes home next week--then the real fun begins!

Jeff

otumay

Well, since Jono is posting more dog pics, here's my contribution in the adorable puppy department (M9 + 75mm Summicron AA, f/2):

I didn't quite nail the focus but it's close enough for me, and I only had a second where the pup was looking right at my daughter. That's our pup looking, and the other four were down. She comes home next week--then the real fun begins!

Jeff
Jeff, the light in pup's eyes is a rare beauty!
Osman

m_driscoll

Aboudd: Lovely night shot of the bridge. Is that he one that goes into Georgetown?

Jono: Another nice doggie action shot! (not sure that sounds right) Just enough to let the mind fill in the off-photo.

JKlotz: Nice pony! The OOF nose and in-focus eyes makes it look a little like an alien from the bar in Star Wars. Which "Victory" are they referring to, and is it "deliverance" from or to?

David: Great B&W's. I didn't know Merlin was into crystal balls and tarot cards.

Jeff: I think it's a great shot. The light, as Osman said, on the puppy's eyes is beautiful. The little paws hanging on to the cage! Nice moment.

Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Matt, we've all had those looks thrown at us! I didn't know "Prince" played local venues:D! You're swaying me away from a Noct purchase & moving me towards the 24 lux! Nice grab!

Lloyd, is that what you wake up to every morn? Incredible view! Nice reflection!

jonoslack

I don't think the guy liked me. T
I don't think he liked you either . . . I'd have been out of there!
Lloyd - there isn't a mountain within 200 miles of us . . . so we have to do with flat.
Jeff - that puppy looks adorable, and considerably more manageable than ours which is totally and completely wild and out of control (and it's still only 8 weeks and 3 days :eek::eek:)

David - I love the wizard - great black and white.
James - is that Deliverance place some kind of UPS competitor?

DavidE

Thanks, Matt and Jono.

Lloyd, nice reflection and great view. Clever way make a 21mm even more wide-angle.

O.C., wish I had your keen eye for a shot. You’ve posted some remarkable images.

Aboud, what a fine nighttime shot of the bridge! Did you have to use a long exposure or a tripod for that one?

Jeffrey, seems like an first-rate pup shot to me, even if the focus isn’t absolutely spot on. We’re all our own worst critics. Excellent Hollywood street photos, too.

Jono, you’re a brave soul, especially using only a 50mm. You must have been close. Terrific shot and even more amazing that it’s 2000 ISO. I’ve been reluctant to go beyond 640.

Matt, I don’t how you keep getting all these great candid shots. Do you wear camouflage, or have you installed some sort of cloaking device?

James, I'm really enjoying your rural church photos (and the captions that go with them). Got any more?

There are so many fine shots here.

DavidE

Between the bad weather and a heavy workload, I've been reduced to searching through older images to see if there's anything worth salvaging.

These three are from the CES trip in Las Vegas. The first was shot with a 50 lux (a Les Paul exhibit at the Hard Rock Cafe). The other two were shot with the 24 lux (the Fashion Show Mall and the AdventureDome).

m_driscoll

Between the bad weather and a heavy workload, I've been reduced to searching through older images to see if there's anything worth salvaging.

These three are from the CES trip in Las Vegas. The first was shot with a 50 lux (a Les Paul exhibit at the Hard Rock Cafe). The other two were shot with the 24 lux (the Fashion Show Mall and the AdventureDome).
These are really nice!

The focus , composition, and PP in the first is spot on. Makes me want to go down and fire up the amp (but it's a little late here). Note: they're actually building a new Hard Rock Cafe here near the Pike Place Market.

The subtle color in the second and the reflections on the polished terrazzo (?) make a great night shot. I also like that the people seem to be lined up under the canopy and behind the yellow piso mojados.

The abstract composition and the tonal quality of the third is striking. Like the way the track frames the view to the skylight.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Thanks. The wide angle does give you the ability to include more and the M9, the ability to crop more. Nice morning reflection image. I'm doing some mental gyrations trying to figure out roughly where you live. Is that Twin Peaks?

Steve: I've been trying for a while to get some good shots of Prince. She's an interesting and talented busker. David's photos from Vegas are the best examples of why to get a 24 lux! On the other hand, they're not making the f/1 Noct anymore!

Jono: The oft cited quality of the rangefinder giving you a more immediate sense of the context then an SLR gave me plenty of chance to run.

David: It's simple. I wear a long olive green burberry with the camera underneath it. The lens is sticking out through a hole that I cut in the coat. I cover the hole with a current copy of the Economist in my left hand (not a political statement). At the decisive moment, I flip the magazine down and trip the shutter with the cable release that goes through my coat sleeve to my right hand. :LOL: Or, I'll sometimes pretend to be photographing something else until the last second. Everybody has a camera these days.

Cheers.