The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Dear Reynolds,

Nicely done; Glebe and Old dominion right? Been to a wedding there. We had 25-30" here in McLean.
Yours truly, "digging" out (better half has the shovel! :D ) [M9, 50/1.4]
GoGo:

Exactly! We are pretty much dug out but when the plow passes by us at some point, it will bury our driveway again! Such is life!! Here's my bride in the middle of Glebe Road at Rock Spring Road this morning.

Too bad the Colts lost. Great game!!

dfarkas

Workshop Member
well, Reynolds, looks like Arlington is doing better than Fairfax! This is pretty typical around here...
Victor and Reynolds,

I'll spare you guys the shot of my street this morning...

Blue skies, sunny, and "cold" at about 60 deg F (high of 72). :D I do so love Miami winters. :thumbup:

David

Lloyd

Dawn's Early Light. On the way to work this morning.

M8, Hexanon 90/2.8 @ 5.6, ISO 320 -1.67EV; three-shot stitch:

Alnitak

Victor and Reynolds,

I'll spare you guys the shot of my street this morning...

Blue skies, sunny, and "cold" at about 60 deg F (high of 72). :D I do so love Miami winters. :thumbup:

David
Regrettably, I suffer through the same weather as you, Dave, here in Southern California (Santa Monica). I still have family in southeastern PA, so I have watched the storms with interest--and relief. :thumbup:

Jeff

Stuart Richardson

I lived in Santa Barbara for five years and the monotony of the weather drove me crazy! For me, there is nothing quite so oppressive as a cloudless blue sky for days on end. I kept waiting for seasons or at least clouds (other than the marine layer and its fog). While it is nice to be outside and do your errands in a t-shirt, I would gladly trade that for seasonal change, weather patterns, clouds, light and so on. I did the sensible thing and moved to Iceland. Auroras, the midnight sun, lots of clouds, and never a dull moment...
Here I am squinting into the sun, surrounded by dark clouds, the landscape changed from this in July:

To this in fall:

And what I was shooting:

Sorry that they are not M9 images...more of those later!

Last edited:

Alnitak

I lived in Santa Barbara for five years and the monotony of the weather drove me crazy! For me, there is nothing quite so oppressive as a cloudless blue sky for days on end. I kept waiting for seasons or at least clouds (other than the marine layer and its fog). While it is nice to be outside and do your errands in a t-shirt, I would gladly trade that for seasonal change, weather patterns, clouds, light and so on.
Ahh, you never learned to appreciate the subtle changes, and the different seasons: Winter is rainy and cooler, spring has the marine layer, summer is hot and dry, and fall is warm, dry and windy with fires! :ROTFL:

Having spent the first 36 years of my life in some very interesting climates, with everything from blizzards to tornadoes, so I will take some sun and consistency for now.

Jeff

m_driscoll

I lived in Santa Barbara for five years and the monotony of the weather drove me crazy! For me, there is nothing quite so oppressive as a cloudless blue sky for days on end. I kept waiting for seasons or at least clouds (other than the marine layer and its fog). While it is nice to be outside and do your errands in a t-shirt, I would gladly trade that for seasonal change, weather patterns, clouds, light and so on. I did the sensible thing and moved to Iceland. Auroras, the midnight sun, lots of clouds, and never a dull moment...
Here I am squinting into the sun, surrounded by dark clouds, the landscape changed from this in July:

To this in fall:

And what I was shooting:

Sorry that they are not M9 images...more of those later!
Stuart: Beautiful photos. The soft tonality in the first and last really create a wonderful impression. And, I'm with you on the weather (lived in Berkeley and SF); although, ours seems to be getting more "neutral" (global warming!). Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Stuart Richardson

Thanks guys. And to be fair, I am only half serious about the weather in Santa Barbara -- I did like it there -- it is a gorgeous area, and for daily life the weather is fantastic. But I really do prefer an obvious march of seasons and daily variety. I grew up in New England, so I think that has a big impact. I find that I appreciate the sunny, warm days here much more than I ever did in SB, since they are much more unusual.

shtarka1

Matt, Nice color & selective focus! Prince is still tearing it up!

Lloyd, Breathtaking stitch! Every once in awhile i drive by The Blue Hills in Milton & go ooooh!

Gogopix & Reynolds...Ouch! Nicely shot! Our turn tomorrow in Boston :(!

Stuart...Jawdropping Gorgeous!

Jono, Adorable Kids & B&W!

Last edited: