The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

John Black

The snow was very wet and around 6 to 8 inches deep, finding golf balls would be difficult :) Now, a golf cart on that snow could be fun. Those greens are going to be a mud pit by the weekend...

Lloyd

My daughter´s been fighting ME (aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for a long time. She played her last football match almost exactly two and a half years ago. On Wednesday evening it was time again - after a lot of patience, training, relapses and rebuilding. A grand evening; -14C and at last out there again. I actually admire that girl and it was great seeing her like this again!

The M8 and 35mm is perhaps not the ideal tool for action and sports. :D These are crops from ISO 1250 images.
leif e
Glad your daughter is doing better, Leif. That is a tough one to deal with for sure. And, these are nice shots. Love the look in her eyes in that first one.

m_driscoll

My daughter´s been fighting ME (aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for a long time. She played her last football match almost exactly two and a half years ago. On Wednesday evening it was time again - after a lot of patience, training, relapses and rebuilding. A grand evening; -14C and at last out there again. I actually admire that girl and it was great seeing her like this again!

The M8 and 35mm is perhaps not the ideal tool for action and sports. :D These are crops from ISO 1250 images.
leif e
And; happy after! (The girls won 7-2 :D)
le
Leif: That's great! Any tool would suffice to capture your daughter's return. Nothing harder then have a child that's ill, and nothing better then their recovery. Cheers,
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

oc garza

OC: Nice capture. I think that's a banner hanging down? Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Yes. The Galleria has three levels with these huge banners hanging from the ceiling. Was playing around with the composition. Two things I learned from taking some photography classes with Gary Winogrand when he was at UT Austin in the late 70s: first - there are no rules of composition. Second - most compelling images are right on the border between failure and success. I still haven't figured out if that image works or not.

oc garza

John B and Woody - like the snow shots. John I have a brother in Big D, he is enjoying the record snowfall you are getting :D

shtarka1 and jono, keep the dog shots coming, and that 1st shot with the noctilux is a keeper

Woody, I really like your compositions on those architecture images