The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Reynolds

Workshop Member
A few from attending services at Christ Church in Alexandria, VA yesterday. First are the candles to the altar's left, the George Washington's family Bible on loan from Mount Vernon to the church for the day and the Rev. Andrew Merrow in the spectacular pulpit. Andrew was ordained at Christ Church and yesterday was his first day back to preach in 25 years. He is currently the Rector at St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Arlington, VA.

Alnitak

A few from this weekend. I did a walking photoshoot of downtown LA with a group of Leica users from the area. A great mix of gear was present from an early 1950's M2 to several M9's. Fun to be able to swap lenses between modern cameras and 50-year-old cameras. I'll start out with a few from the Disney Concert Hall.

M9 + MATE @ 28mm:

There were several wedding groups photographing there. I caught this one with my WATE from the hip, just hitting the shutter as we walked by between shots.

M9 + WATE @ 16mm:

Finally, my 7-year-old daughter joined us and had a lot of fun. She likes to shoot photos (what kids don't?) and I have been encouraging her interest. She actually has a good eye, and frequently watched what the others were doing and then composed her own shots. I saw her looking at her reflection in some of the polished steel of the building and asked her to smile for me. I really like the result.

M9 + MATE @ 50mm:

Jeff

shtarka1

Reynolds, nice color & composition! Love the Old Testament Shot!

Jeff, Excellent set!The image of your daughter is Adorable!

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Thanks so much, Steve! And, your puppy...WOW! That Nocti is a knockout! And, so is that tolerant dog. We have two Cairn terriers. Getting them to sit still is a task. But, I am going to try. Don't think my 50 Lux can compete!

And, Jeff, superb images! What a lovely girl...and, a lovely shot! And, you shapes and light...WOW!!! Love them!

Last edited:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Today's post to my blog. M9 + WATE @ 16mm and f16. Demonstrates the WATE's amazing flare resistance and extreme depth of field at f16.

roanjoh

Thanks for nice words guys :)

Steve - great shot of your neice!!! #2 is adorable!!

Jeff - that shot with the bride and groom is amazing!! Very surreal and magical.

boymerang - WOW!!! Stunning capture....... I can feet the heat!!

fotografz

Today's post to my blog. M9 + WATE @ 16mm and f16. Demonstrates the WATE's amazing flare resistance and extreme depth of field at f16.

Amazing optical achievement put to good use here!

I just got one from a forum member, and it sure has a WOW! factor on the M9 ... where 16mm is actually 16mm.

Marc

shtarka1

Thank You Roan!

Jono , the second image has a nice glow in the reflection! Well Done!

Woody...That lens is Super! What a Detailed Sharp Image! Great Eye!

aboudd

First shots with M9

I grabbed a few shots with the M9 last week on vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There isn't much to shoot there, so I offer up a few grab shots.

Last edited:

aboudd

Hi Steve,

I came back to two feet of snow around my house and icicles hanging from all of my gutters, one is 6' long. I feel your pain.

roanjoh

Re: First shots with M9

I grabbed a few shots with the M9 last week on vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There isn't much to shoot there, so I offer up a few grab shots.
Great color renditions!! And great shots!! Especially like the framing of the last shot with the jogger.

Lloyd

Wow. Go away for a few days, and you could miss some amazing stuff here!

roanjoh: loving the NYC stuff, really nice.

Berbert: disturbing shot... I'm going to miss Pooh bear.

thinkfloyd: great work. Especially love that first one.

Woody: always enjoy your work. That WATE at 16mm is truly impressive (nice shot too!)

boymerang: I can almost smell what he's cooking

Jono: nice work, as always. Thanks for sharing.

Reynolds: Very nice. Amazing to see that family bible! (I'm afraid Mimi would put an elbow in my ribs if I tried to shoot in church; she thinks I'm too distracted already!)

Jeff: Great shots; really cute daughter!

Steve: Ava is a beauty, and those shots are pure magic!

Aboud: very nice images from the DR. Love to see more.

Great work all around!!

DavidE

Yeah, +1 what Lloyd said. I've been so busy with work (in part, trying to pay off my Leica buying binge from last year), I haven't had a chance to say how amazing the images have been recently. Wow!

Haven't shot anything lately (nose to the grindstone). Here's something from August using an M8 and 50 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]