The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

aboudd

Wate, wate, don't tell me

I finally got a chance to put the 16/18/21 to a test this week when shooting for a realtor. This shot was done at 16MM. The light source was north window light, very soft. I would have liked a bit more pop, but the definition is terrific.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi Everyone
Lots of great shots (I seem to have been away!).
Here are some simple shots with the M9 and 75 'cron from this morning.

chilly morning

time for a rest (this one is for Lloyd)

snip

glimpse

Lloyd

Hi Everyone
Lots of great shots (I seem to have been away!).
Here are some simple shots with the M9 and 75 'cron from this morning.

time for a rest (this one is for Lloyd)
Lovely detail shots, Jono. And as for this one, well, you know what they say, "No rest for the wicked... and the righteous don't need it." (Which covers both me and the wife... in that order, of course.) :thumbup:

Lloyd

Very kewl, Woody. Is that with the Lensbaby? How did you mount the lens?

Nice result Aboud. Looks like that's a work camera now? ;)

aboudd

Very kewl, Woody. Is that with the Lensbaby? How did you mount the lens?

Nice result Aboud. Looks like that's a work camera now? ;)
You picked up on that Lloyd, very observant! Actually, I have one lens to use for work, the WATE. I sold the 14-24 I had for the D3x because it weighed so much. Since they are both non PC lenses, it made sense to me. However, I have to get used to the Frankenfinder. Fortunately, I am working slowly with this, on a tripod.

aboudd

Palms up

Since Lloyd accused me of using my M9 for work, I thought it best to post this shot from our recent vacation to Punta Cana. 75MM Cron on M9.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Re: Palms up

Since Lloyd accused me of using my M9 for work, I thought it best to post this shot from our recent vacation to Punta Cana. 75MM Cron on M9.
Ok, ok, so it can do double duty. :D

This is very nice, actually, and really shows the resolving power of that lens, particularly when viewing the image in its largest size. :thumbup:

Knorp

Chinese New Year in Amsterdam (Nieuwmarkt). Difficult indoor lighting, crowded with people bumping in to you all the time, not much space to manoeuvre and get (and keep) a good spot, but great fun nevertheless. Last year I used a 90 on the M8, this year a 135 on the M9 (including 1.4x magnifier). Except for some close-ups, all shots were wide open. Given my age :wtf: and the dim light, I think I did not too bad ... :rolleyes:. Here is a series of the opera singers/actors.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Chinese New Year in Amsterdam (Nieuwmarkt). Difficult indoor lighting, crowded with people bumping in to you all the time, not much space to manoeuvre and get (and keep) a good spot, but great fun nevertheless. Last year I used a 90 on the M8, this year a 135 on the M9 (including 1.4x magnifier). Except for some close-ups, all shots were wide open. Given my age :wtf: and the dim light, I think I did not too bad ... :rolleyes:. Here is a series of the opera singers/actors.
Those are some impressive results. I wouldn't have had any idea you had to deal with difficult conditions. Well done.

B

boymerang

One from this weekend. A little more aggressive with the post processing than usual due to the horrendous, red spotlights.

mathomas

I've really enjoyed looking at the shots here!

I've been shooting on and off for 35 years or so. Just bought an M8 a couple of months ago, so I'm still figuring out how to use it efficiently and effectively.

Here are a few of my own shots:

1. VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC
2. VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC
3. Leitz Elmar-C 90mm f/4
4. VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC

(Hmm, I just realized that all the ones I selected in this first batch are portrait orientation. Odd.)

mathomas

Since I had all verticals in the prior post, I've decided to even it out and put all horizontals in this one ;).

1. VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4
2. Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8 (straight out of camera B&W)
3. Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8
4. Leitz Elmar-C 90mm f/4
5. Leitz Elmar-C 90mm f/4

The 90mm Elmar blows me away. There are black specs in that last photo that are definitely birds (I don't think you can't see them at this size) -- I checked the series of photos, and you can see the birds moving relative to the background over several shots.

I meant to mention that I've been using Nik Silver Efex to do the B&W conversions. Figures I just spent $300 to buy all Nik's toys a few weeks ago, and now Aperture adds in the "brushes" feature, apparently much like control points in Nik software :mad:.

leif e

Quote:
"I'm still figuring out how to use it efficiently and effectively."

Well, I´d say you have figured it out! :D

Btw: I also like the 1,4/35 SC a lot for the M8 and I´m excited to see how nice the images from the 4/90 C are. I have it´s Rokkor twin in the mail - getting rather keen on trying it out.

leif e

Don Libby

Been busy in Carmel this past week and haven't had that much time to visit since by the time I got back to the hotel I was dead dog tired. Great shots, too numerous to make specific mention let me just say I like them all!

These were all take this afternoon at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with the M9. I started with a 50mm and moved to a 90mm, these are all from the 50.

The one thing I learned today is that I really don't want to do this again with a manual focus camera as the fish refused to stand still!

Off to Yosemite for the next week working my home home.

Don

oc garza

Don,
Very nice in what can be tuff to shoot lighting. Look forward to your work with the 90 Summarit as that is about the only 90 I have not shot.