The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

mathomas

Quote:
"I'm still figuring out how to use it efficiently and effectively."

Well, I´d say you have figured it out! :D

Btw: I also like the 1,4/35 SC a lot for the M8 and I´m excited to see how nice the images from the 4/90 C are. I have it´s Rokkor twin in the mail - getting rather keen on trying it out.

leif e
Thank you Leif! I think you'll love the 90mm Rokkor, and you'll have better filter options than I. I only wish more opportunities presented themselves to shoot my Elmar. I'm afraid it's a pretty limited-use focal length for my kind of shooting, at least on an M8 (and an M9 is years away, I'm afraid).

WRT the VC 1,4/35, I like it, but I also have the Zeiss 35mm f/2. Am going to have to have a run-off between them and decide which to keep. Very difficult decision!

Thanks again...

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I've been away from this thread for a couple of months, so time to do some catching up...

This shot made me laugh (quick snap from a B-Day party)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Went shooting in the California Central Valley a few weeks ago with Jack and Bob. Weather did not cooperate (grey skies), so I could only manage a few B&W shots...

Lloyd

Since I had all verticals in the prior post, I've decided to even it out and put all horizontals in this one ;).

1. VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4
2. Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8 (straight out of camera B&W)
3. Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8
4. Leitz Elmar-C 90mm f/4
5. Leitz Elmar-C 90mm f/4

The 90mm Elmar blows me away. There are black specs in that last photo that are definitely birds (I don't think you can't see them at this size) -- I checked the series of photos, and you can see the birds moving relative to the background over several shots.

I meant to mention that I've been using Nik Silver Efex to do the B&W conversions. Figures I just spent $300 to buy all Nik's toys a few weeks ago, and now Aperture adds in the "brushes" feature, apparently much like control points in Nik software :mad:.
Nice stuff. Looking forward to much more.

Lloyd

Been busy in Carmel this past week and haven't had that much time to visit since by the time I got back to the hotel I was dead dog tired. Great shots, too numerous to make specific mention let me just say I like them all!

These were all take this afternoon at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with the M9. I started with a 50mm and moved to a 90mm, these are all from the 50.

The one thing I learned today is that I really don't want to do this again with a manual focus camera as the fish refused to stand still!

Off to Yosemite for the next week working my home home.

Don
Terrific stuff, Don. Especially considering the tough conditions.

JimCollum

On the other end of the 'crispness' spectrum from most Asph shots....

35mm lux pre-asph
All images shot wide open (to give that 'vintage' leica feel). Playing around in the railyard. (stopped down to f2, this lens starts looking a lot more 'crisp')

Lloyd

On the other end of the 'crispness' spectrum from most Asph shots....

35mm lux pre-asph
All images shot wide open (to give that 'vintage' leica feel). Playing around in the railyard. (stopped down to f2, this lens starts looking a lot more 'crisp')
Good stuff, Jim. Nice detail work. And I really like the processing on these.

Alnitak

Why not a puppy shot? This dog is so photogenic, when she sits still for more than a few seconds. M9 + Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 APO-Lanthar, wide open. This is one SHARP lens.

She's still small, about 3.4lbs. That's a tennis ball behind her in this shot. M9 + 90mm AA, wide open.

Jeff

Lloyd

Why not a puppy shot? This dog is so photogenic, when she sits still for more than a few seconds. M9 + Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 APO-Lanthar, wide open. This is one SHARP lens.
Nice ones, Jeff. And I agree. I think that VC 90/3.5 is a much under-appreciated lens. I love mine.

Alnitak

Nice ones, Jeff. And I agree. I think that VC 90/3.5 is a much under-appreciated lens. I love mine.
It's ridiculously cheap, too. My only complaint is its a bit slow at only f/3.5 wide open, but on the other hand, that makes it light and compact, and helps with the low cost as well. :D

Jeff

Don Libby

Thanks everyone for their kind words. This experience has brought me an entire new level of respect for people who shoot weddings with manual focusing. It might be my choice of shooting landscape where at the most I have to content with is a little wind however I found the most difficult part of the day was attempting to stay in focus just a couple inches or feet from the tank glass.

Here's a couple taken with the 90mm then I'm off to breakfast and loading the jeep for my drive to Yosemite. Enjoy!

Don