The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Matt,
Mark Vercammen and I were speaking about you at Glazers the other day! FOr some reason, Leica shooters active on the forums came up, and you're shots were raved about....

Can't wait to see more from you, and good luck with the office move...

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

Everybody: Haven't been here for a while (moving my office). The photos posted since my last visit have been incredible. Great stuff! No point in singling any out; because they've all been exceptional. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

By the way, I just checked out your zenfolio site. Awesome, awesome stuff. The pic of the bear...amazing. That wasn't done with Leica gear, was it? Love the Pikes' Place stuff. We should head out on a photo stroll one of these days, given that we share similar stomping grounds!

m_driscoll

Matt,
Mark Vercammen and I were speaking about you at Glazers the other day! FOr some reason, Leica shooters active on the forums came up, and you're shots were raved about....

Can't wait to see more from you, and good luck with the office move...

Best,
Ashwin
Ashwin: Thanks. I just looked through the last pages of posts again. Wonderful shots from your Egypt trip. I'm about ready to touch the cameras again. We should get together. My new office is in a Marina on the water by the gasworks. When i post a photo from the deck; I'll be up and running again! Cheers.

ashwinrao1

Ashwin: Thanks. I just looked through the last pages of posts again. Wonderful shots from your Egypt trip. I'm about ready to touch the cameras again. We should get together. My new office is in a Marina on the water by the gasworks. When i post a photo from the deck; I'll be up and running again! Cheers.

Thanks, Matt, and great pics, DavidE!

Matt:
I had no idea our stomping grounds were so close. I live in Fremont and work at UW, so my bike ride to work (which I am about to do) takes me past you on the Burke everyday. I'll keep an eye out for new photos, and we'll touch base when you are ready to delve back in!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
My new friend, Mrs. Chou. She's a restauranteur and supporter for the local Literacy Volunteers. The M8 was inadvertently set at 1250 iso and JPEG fine. Still, it prints pretty well.

Lloyd

My new friend, Mrs. Chou. She's a restauranteur and supporter for the local Literacy Volunteers. The M8 was inadvertently set at 1250 iso and JPEG fine. Still, it prints pretty well.
Pretty well indeed. Really nice portrait, Tim.

steflaurent974

As I were in Kruger Park for a walking safari, I took my good old M8 , a cron 50mm , an orange red filter and shoot in jpeg Fine in BW with high contrast.

Here are the results, I definitively love this combo (The 1,3X factor in this case was a plus for me)

The elephant (taken in the wilderness with a 67 mm lens..):

The girafe :

and the gnu :

I kept the M9 with the 28mm for landscape. For this trip, I had just brought the M8, M9 and Cron 50 and 28 ; wich in fact gave me a virtual lens combo : 28 35 50 67 ; I liked it very much as we walked in the bush.

Lloyd

As I were in Kruger Park for a walking safari, I took my good old M8 , a cron 50mm , an orange red filter and shoot in jpeg Fine in BW with high contrast.

Here are the results, I definitively love this combo (The 1,3X factor in this case was a plus for me)

I kept the M9 with the 28mm for landscape. For this trip, I had just brought the M8, M9 and Cron 50 and 28 ; wich in fact gave me a virtual lens combo : 28 35 50 67 ; I liked it very much as we walked in the bush.
Really nice work, Stef. Love to see more.

endre novak

The girafe :

and the gnu :

excellent images and treatment.