The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Here's a quick, basic question ... how do I post larger images on this thread (larger than thumbnail size)?

Kurt

Lloyd

Here's a quick, basic question ... how do I post larger images on this thread (larger than thumbnail size)?

Kurt
They need to be posted as a link, as from the gallery here, or a Flickr, or Mobile Me, or similar third-party gallery. You post the link to the image using the yellow link box at the top of the reply box. I hope that makes sense.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd! Let's see how this looks ....

Kurt
Just a link. On Flickr, choose an image, then choose Sizes. When that page opens, pick the size you want to post, then use the lower of the two URLs which appear below that image, and post that link using the yellow link box.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
For some reason, despite a couple of valid attempts, I'm only able to post a link from Flickr. Lloyd, your explanation is great ... for some reason my pasted links aren't showing up as images. :(

Kurt

Lloyd

For some reason, despite a couple of valid attempts, I'm only able to post a link from Flickr. Lloyd, your explanation is great ... for some reason my pasted links aren't showing up as images. :(

Kurt
Well, don't give up. Must be some little issue. I've posted nearly everything I've ever added here that way, and all but two from Flickr. Are you using the little yellow box to post the link? Be sure to include the 'http://" part as well.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Now it's working. Thanks Lloyd! Has to be a great place to work with Elvis looking over your shoulder. Pass the peanut butter and banana sandwiches ...

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
;) I sold off nearly my whole kit to acquire the one lens that I really wanted to use. (It's my favorite focal length and I love shooting fast with shallow depth of field). It arrived today after a very long wait ... good thing that I kept my 60mm ND filter for shooting during daylight. That should provide the proper hint.

Kurt

Lloyd

;) I sold off nearly my whole kit to acquire the one lens that I really wanted to use. (It's my favorite focal length and I love shooting fast with shallow depth of field). It arrived today after a very long wait ... good thing that I kept my 60mm ND filter for shooting during daylight. That should provide the proper hint.

Kurt
Hmm... could it be a pretty fast f1.0?

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It's the .95 Noctilux. I've only had it for a day ... but, it may be the finest Leica lens I've ever used and/or tried. And, I've used/tried nearly all of the lenses in the R and M lines. I've been giggling out loud all day long at how easy it is to use/focus and how sharp it is wide open. It's expensive ... but, my oh my, does it deliver.

Kurt

Lloyd

It's the .95 Noctilux. I've only had it for a day ... but, it may be the finest Leica lens I've ever used and/or tried. And, I've used/tried nearly all of the lenses in the R and M lines. I've been giggling out loud all day long at how easy it is to use/focus and how sharp it is wide open. It's expensive ... but, my oh my, does it deliver.

Kurt
Well, I'm impressed, and jealous. Love to have one too someday. I have the f1.0, and love it. I'm afraid the .95 is out of my reach anytime soon. Congrats.

m_driscoll

As I were in Kruger Park for a walking safari, I took my good old M8 , a cron 50mm , an orange red filter and shoot in jpeg Fine in BW with high contrast.

Here are the results, I definitively love this combo (The 1,3X factor in this case was a plus for me)

The girafe :

and the gnu :

I kept the M9 with the 28mm for landscape. For this trip, I had just brought the M8, M9 and Cron 50 and 28 ; wich in fact gave me a virtual lens combo : 28 35 50 67 ; I liked it very much as we walked in the bush.
Stef: Great photos. The detail and B & W's outstanding. Are these cropped much; or, were you really that close? The "High Veld" photo on your blog is also really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Very nicely done Endre!
Endre: +1. Beautiful treatment.

Kurt
Kurt: Nice photos and congratulations on the new lens!

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com