The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

It's the .95 Noctilux. I've only had it for a day ... but, it may be the finest Leica lens I've ever used and/or tried. And, I've used/tried nearly all of the lenses in the R and M lines. I've been giggling out loud all day long at how easy it is to use/focus and how sharp it is wide open. It's expensive ... but, my oh my, does it deliver.

Kurt
and is it still good at f/11 ?

ashwinrao1

@ Matt: Great, great colors in your shots

@ Endre: Great stuff

@ Kurt: Major congrats on the Noct 0.95. It is out of my reach, but I am glad to here that one is in such talented hands as yours....

thanks Ashwin , I love your photos and it is the only 35mm camera I have seen looking like a MF

... now my problem is to find 10 000 euro as soon as possible :)

steflaurent974

Matt : for the animals photo wish I had a DMR and big tele, but nope !!! So I use the M8 with a Summicron 50 at F11, and waited to be close enough ; the girafes one has been crop to a differnet format. (I have also used Topas Adjust on the BW).
Thanks for you comments.

m_driscoll

Matt : for the animals photo wish I had a DMR and big tele, but nope !!! So I use the M8 with a Summicron 50 at F11, and waited to be close enough ; the girafes one has been crop to a differnet format. (I have also used Topas Adjust on the BW).
Thanks for you comments.
Again, very nice. Not having the DMR didn't seem to handicap you! Thanks for the info. Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

And two more great photos that snuck in when i was posting. I saw the Lola photo on your blog. Nice moment.

otumay

Stef: Wonderful shots and post-processing as usual.
Matt: Thanks a lot.
Kurt: Congratulations on your new jewel. There may be a few guys who wish to be in your shoes around here;)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Nice shot Endre. Wonderful puffy clouds.

Thanks Matt. By the way, very nice cityscape.

f11, Erick? I don't even know if the lens has an f2 as I'm certain it will be a while before I try to shoot anything stopped down.

Ashwin you are too kind. It'll be my only lens or one of two lenses for a long while. I thought about how I like to shoot for some time and decided it is the lens I want to rebuild my lens line-up around. I sent a lot of other gear (some reluctantly) to new homes to make it happen. But, I'm very excited about the possibilities the new lens offers me and how I like to shoot. As an aside, I keep going back to your Egypt and Venice shots ... they might be some of the best M9 shots I've seen to date.

Stef, nice shots ... very HDR-like post processing. You would not be disappointed with the DMR if you ever decide to go in that direction. It still produces image quality that may still not be matched.

Thanks Osman for the good wishes and for providing me with gorgeous glimpses of a part of the world that I dream about one day visiting.

Kurt

DavidE

Thanks, Matt, and great pics, DavidE!
Thanks, Ashwin. You mentioned you were using the 90 apo-cron for some of your Egypt and Venice shots. I'm thinking about adding a 90mm at some point (50mm is my longest lens). Do you use a magnifier with your 90?

A few more from last year's trip to New Orleans.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

Two more from New Orleans. Hope to go back some day.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

shtarka1

Matt, nice color,composition & light on "Queen City Grill!

Stef, Lola's smile & eye's could launch a thousand ships! Wonderful!

David, nice New Orleans set! Love the mood & tone of the first one!

Kurt, Fantastic Elvis Sushi Ago Go image! Congrats on the "Capo di tutti capi" Noct!!! Cant wait to see more!:)