The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Alnitak

Nice stuff. Too bad you have to suffer along with such inferior equipment... try to make the most of it. :D

Be careful where you shoot. Lots of folks have been stopped by police in London for the serious crime of merely using a camera! Check this out:

http://www.pictureny.org/archives/105 :wtf:
Funny you should mention that. I have a Leica-shooting friend over here who was at that event. And...I was stopped by a guy from building security when I was shooting the picture of the telephone booth. I didn't take any crap from him for several reasons: He was away from his building; the booth was outside my office building, and he was from several buildings down; it was on a public street; and I know my UK photography rights since I come here and shoot a lot. Regardless, he felt the need to continue to harass me.

It's tough times using such low-budget equipment, but I get by. :ROTFL: Actually, its an awesome combo for night-time street shooting.

Jeff

etrigan63

I have returned to M photography. Sorry to have been away for so long. Just a lowly M8, I only got to play with an M9 for two weeks for my review.

M8, CV 35mm f/1.4 Nokton @ f4 ISO 160 Processed in Aperture 3

Lloyd

I have returned to M photography. Sorry to have been away for so long. Just a lowly M8, I only got to play with an M9 for two weeks for my review.

M8, CV 35mm f/1.4 Nokton @ f4 ISO 160 Processed in Aperture 3
Welcome back, Carlos. Lovely image, wonderful color. (I suppose one can limp along with a lowly M8. I know it works for me. ;))

DavidE

Thanks, Steve, Cindy, Matt, and Kurt.

Jaap, the color treatment works well with the broken-down industrial subjects. Then again, I’ve never seen you post a bad photo. You do post everything you shoot, right?

Matt, I’ve said it before (and I’ll say it again), you have to do a photo book on Pike Place. Great use of the 24lux.

Kurt, I can’t wait to see what you’ll do with the Noctilux. The third image from the impromptu 20 minute shoot is a real knockout (as is the model).

Steve, the photo with the smoker is one of the best portraits I’ve seen in quite a while.

Bart, love the still life. Great color and sharpness, but most of all, a perfectly balanced composition. Wow!

Jeff, looking forward to many fine images from London. Let us know if we need to bail you out of jail. Don’t forget, mind the gap.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

dierk

Hi
this is my first post here.
I hope, I do everything right:confused:

click on the image to see a bigger and sharper version

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
PP: LR 2.6 - CS4 with Filter Topaz Adjust and Nik Silver Efex

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
with flash Nikon SB800 indirectly
PP: LR 2.6

1:1 crop
Leica does this with just 4 normal lenses:)
you can see me in reflection

shtarka1

These are simply beautiful b/w images, Steve.

Never thought I'd say this, but I like that top one better as a digital image than the one you shot with film. :wtf:
Appreciate it Double L!
Thanks, Steve, Cindy, Matt, and Kurt.

Steve, the photo with the smoker is one of the best portraits I’ve seen in quite a while.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
David, Thanks So Much!

shtarka1

Wow, some excellent work here in the past couple of pages:

4. Steve: Woah! Great, great stuff. I love the portrait of the South Boston smoker...amazing, one of my fav portraits of all time, I suspect. Just so evocative!!!
Dr. Rao...I Am Truly Honored By Your Gracious Comment!

shtarka1

Jeff, Point Zero Nine Five, Noctilicious Set!

Carlos, nice image & glad to have you back also!

David, B&W's are Excellent for contrast,tone & mood, especially the first one!

Dierk, Welcome aboard & Super B&W Portrait & Reflection!!

DavidE

Thanks, Steve.

Welcome to the Leica forum, dierk. And welcome back, Carlos.

I'm panning for gold this weekend by looking through the old files. Lots of fool's gold, but there's an occasional gem.

These are from an October trip to New York.

Lloyd

Thanks, Steve.

Welcome to the Leica forum, dierk. And welcome back, Carlos.

I'm panning for gold this weekend by looking through the old files. Lots of fool's gold, but there's an occasional gem.

These are from an October trip to New York.
Very nice, David. I especially like that second one.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Nice, and very nicely composed. Was there flash involved here?

Thanks Lloyd.

Taken at sunset. The shadow of a large rock has reached the ground but the bush is still illuminated by sunlight. Lasted about 10 second when the bush turned dark. I was lurking around the moving terminator of the shadow looking for something like this.