The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

@ THinkFloyd, David E, Kurt, Matt, and Steve, the magic of this thread continues. I am having a hard time keeping up with all of the amazing shots, and this is a great thing!

ashwinrao1

And one save...thanks to the M9, this image, which was initially mainly silhouette, was saved, and I got a nice couples pic of my photo buddy Christopher and his wife Akiko, both great friends....

Anyone who says the M9 does not hold as much dynamic range should see how flexible these files are. My 5D II would be nothing but banding mess if I had pulled the shadows as much as I did with this shot, taken with the M9 and 28 cron asph...

Lloyd

And one save...thanks to the M9, this image, which was initially mainly silhouette, was saved, and I got a nice couples pic of my photo buddy Christopher and his wife Akiko, both great friends....

Anyone who says the M9 does not hold as much dynamic range should see how flexible these files are. My 5D II would be nothing but banding mess if I had pulled the shadows as much as I did with this shot, taken with the M9 and 28 cron asph...
Cute couple. It would be interesting to see what the original looked like by comparison. (the file, not the couple.:D)

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Thanks. My new office is in a marina building just East of Stoneway and Northlake. Right off the Burke-Gilman Trail.

Jeff/Lloyd: I think you're both right. The color shot brings out the complexity of all of those surfaces and elements better.

Knorp: Thanks for the info. I missed it last time i was in Amsterdam. Looks like my kind of place! Well, there's a lot i missed in Amsterdam. Beautiful, beautiful city.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Or isn't...is right!!!! Serious though, this is a circumstance of fortunate juxtaposition. The last image is actually a statue dedicated to Seattle's firemen in Pioneer Square....

Guess I really wasn't at risk...hahah....

m_driscoll

Peter: Great collection of photos. Very eclectic mix! The last one is cute.

Kurt: The color's really nice. The B & W maybe focused more on the people; but the colorful costumes seem to be an intrinsic part of their identity. Again, nice work.

Simon: Expressive portraits of your daughters. They didn't seem to mind their dad snapping their picture. Nice B & W PP.

Thinkfloyd: The portrait of your wife is excellent. Nice expression. I also really like the third photo in the second set. The coloring's great.

David: Great shots as usual. It's nice to see that there's free entertainment in NY for the tourists from Omaha.

Endre: That's a beautiful color streetscape. Absolute counterpoint to the graffiti shot.

Steve: Terrific. That's the same guy from your other shot with the cigarette? I love photos like the last two - their like "stealing" without being intrusive. I'm not let out at night.

Ashwin: Beautiful photos of the library. You have a knack for capturing the sense of a place in a photo without overdoing it (as few "words" as possible). Were those fireman participating in the stair climb competition? Great set of photos.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com