The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

endre novak

David, superb b/w-s, very nicely done with great clarity.

Ashwin, incredible images, especially love those reflections.

Endre

:clap:

Alnitak

Dierk: Great HDR shots; I would have never guessed they were HDR they look so natural.

David: Nice shots as usual. I really like the first one; great color contrasts.

Ashwin: Excellent low-light band shots.

T

thinkfloyd

Great shots everyone! It's always a pleasure to check this thread once a day and see a lot of posts of high calibre photography! You guys inspire me :)

m_driscoll

Haven't been shooting much recently...here are some M9 (35 lux asph, 50 lux preasph e43) low-light shots from meeting friends in bars (hope I haven't posted these before):
Nick: Nice images. not intrusive. you captured a good time.

Simon: Expressive portraits of your daughters. They didn't seem to mind their dad snapping their picture. Nice B & W PP./QUOTE]

Thank you. They are sued to Dad snapping away by now :D

The B&W was done using Nik Silver Efex Pro. I love the High Structure option and normally decrease the contrast and structure amounts and increase the brightness a bit.

Simon
Simon: Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that. I love Silver Efex Po. Actually, i love all of the Nik software.

M9, Summilux 50 asph
Jaap: Nice, elegantly composed juxtaposition of the the two elements.

Ashwin, Dierk, Endre, Steve, Nick, Simon, Matt, Jeff, Kurt, and Jaap – I am in awe of the incredible photos you guys are posting here. Inspiring me to push the creative envelope (or at least to try to).

Still looking through the old files for unprocessed gems. These are from my trip to the CEATEC tradeshow in Japan back in October. All shot with an M8 and 50 lux.
David: Great shots. That last one is especially appealing to me. Your architecture shots (interior and exterior) always capture a strong sense of place. Sometimes with a human perspective (the third shot) and sometimes without (the first shot; which also defines a specific human perspective; very architectonic architecture with a casually "designed" furniture layout ). Oops, sorry. :lecture:

Dierk: Nice HDR. Sorry about your sensor.

Ashwin: Great band shots. Love the reflections.

Endre: Love seeing your photos of Budapest. The light on those flowers and your PP works very well in B & W.

Kurt: Thanks There a lot of old wooden sailboats and cruisers moored in front of my office.

Kurt and Jeff: Let's see some more 0.95 Nocti shots!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Here's another shot from the marina. I like getting variations. The first one was processed slightly different to take out some of the yellow light. I think that i like it better then the second. The cabin glass seems more transparent and gives a better sense of depth. Also, the lighting seems more natural. Looking for thoughts. Cheers, Matt

M9; 50mm f/2; 1/40s @ f/8; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Nick_Yoon

@ Nick Y: Terrific series. Love the smoker shot and the happy couple composition. You clearly enjoy a great comfort with this group, as you and your photography blend into these shots...they don't seem to notice any intrusion,which is remarkable skill on your part. Lovely.
Thanks to you and others who have commented. They are all good friends of mine and also photographers, we're always taking photos of each other.

Some other photos of friends and fellow photographers:

Berlin, M8, ZM25/2.8

Berlin, M8, 21/2.8 preasph

Berlin, M8, ZM25/2.8

dierk

Zeiss C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5
these are only testshots - nothing serious.

you may find more of the Biogon at my pbase biogon gallerie

click on the image to see a bigger and sharper version

this is out of the camera

after CornerFix
for the CornerFix calibration I shot a milky glass against the clouds.
It is not easy to find a grey surface and if you use a small cardboard, you make shadows on the board with the extreme wideangle, it seems to work very good this way.

and this may show the performance of this little lens

f/5.6

and a 1:1 crop

dierk

Zeiss C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5

a few samples of this lens
Great shots. As per Cosina, the ZM C-Biogon 21/4.5 "should not be used" with the M9. What is your PP secret?
@retow, there is no secret besides a working CornerFix calibration

I ordered it, because it does not show distortion.

Don Libby

Firstly - the images I've seen here on this thread helped me with my decision to get an M9 so many thanks to all. I hope the following images will in some way complement those images that are already on this thread.

I took a break yesterday from processing the images from my recent trip and went to the nearby Saguaro National Park.

Don

steflaurent974

The Cron 28/M9 combination :

interior of a kind of bazar in Pilgrim Rest, M'pumalanga in South Africa !

Beware, girafe's crossing :

with M8/Cron 50/red filter

Alnitak

Don: I like the last image, but what's with the pink cast in the first image? Is that intentional?

Dierk: Really great group of images. That lens is working well for you.

Aboud: Gorgeous light on the Lincoln Memorial.

Jeff

Lloyd

Here's another shot from the marina. I like getting variations. The first one was processed slightly different to take out some of the yellow light. I think that i like it better then the second. The cabin glass seems more transparent and gives a better sense of depth. Also, the lighting seems more natural. Looking for thoughts. Cheers, Matt
Matt, I really prefer the first image as well. I do like the warmth of the angular light, but I think that still comes through in the light on the near boat, and the one in front of it. I agree about the glass, and the water seems more crisp (if that makes sense).