The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Nick: Nice B & W's. Stylish.
Aboudd: Beautiful capture at the Lincoln Memorial. The person, the light and shadow are great.
Dierk: Thanks for sharing. Looks like a unique place to live. The B & W's have excellent tonality. Really like the layering in your first "cloud" photo.
Don: Love the cacti. The isolation and bokeh in the last shot work well.
Stefan: Nice bazaar shot; but, the giraffe crossing's special. Must have been great to be there.
Lloyd: It does make sense. Thanks for commenting. Great set of images. The first is a grindstone? Like the piano images. You can almost hear the second one. The selective focus reinforces that sense. Nice color and detail ion the "reading room". Where were you?
Kurt: Your fog shot's are neat.
Endre: Beautiful glimpse through the arch. Your image is almost the negative impression of Lloyd's "Nose Rest".
Jaap: Nice light and composition. The cleaners are a little lax.
Kurt: Beautiful nocti shots. the last one's very intriguing.
Ashwin: More great photos! You could give up that medical stuff and become a wedding photographer.
OC Garza: Love the compositions and subjects.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

In honor of Matt D, who shoots so much nice stuff out and around Seattle, here is one taken from Pike's Market, in the produce area:

And one taken with the MATE on campus at the University of Washington

And finally, a silly self portrait taken at Seattle's sculpture garden

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, and apologies for not responding to everyone personally.

ashwinrao1

@ Matt, thanks for the kind words...I have actually shot about 15 weddings in the past 2 years, and man, the medical stuff is easier than working weddings. I do not envy those who shoot weddings for a living. It's brutal work, after the novelty wears off....still, it is fun to see my pics on the mantles of friends' and clients' homes...

ashwinrao1

Kurt, I keep coming back to that shot with the chairs tilted in the grass....absolutely stellar in every way, surreal, and mesmerizing. It's magic, my friend, and thrilling to look at and ponder!

On a second note, my lust meter for the Noct 0.95 has gone up a notch...I may have to start saving up over the next few months/years/decades...:ROTFL:

Alnitak

Wow, go away for a few hours and there's all sorts of good stuff up here.

Lloyd, great piano shots. Love the DOF.
Kurt, more great Nocti goodness. The chair is fabulous.
Dierk, great moody shots. Love the fog.
Jaap, I love that microscope image.
Ashwin, the first wedding shot is really well done.
Endre, keep those car shots coming!

Now I need to get some free time to shoot. I've been traveling all week and haven't had the chance to get the camera out.

Jeff

m_driscoll

@ Matt, thanks for the kind words...I have actually shot about 15 weddings in the past 2 years, and man, the medical stuff is easier than working weddings. I do not envy those who shoot weddings for a living. It's brutal work, after the novelty wears off....still, it is fun to see my pics on the mantles of friends' and clients' homes...
Ashwin: Nice market shot. The strong vanishing point is neat and the smiling kid in the stroller's a secret bonus. Good self-portrait. Yeah, wedding photography looks like hard work to me. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

endre novak

@ Lloyd, superb textures on the reading room, a nice find.

@ Ashwin, simply incerdible work, a real joy to look at all of your images, the phone set is especially is for my taste, but the rest are jsut as outstanding including the process.

Gentlemen thanks for the feedback to all, hope to see more of your incredible submissions.

Compliments,
Endre

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Lovely images again, Endre. I'm beginning to wonder if Budapest is like Havana, a time capsule of wonderful old automobiles. ;)

Ashwin, Matt has the right idea, chuck the medical career. With the unending debate on health care reform, you could probably have a brighter future as a wedding photographer. ;)

O.C., I very much like the image on the right ... there are so many potential interpretations of that image.

Thick fog again last night ... perfect opportunity to get out with noct.

Kurt

Nick_Yoon

On the theme of old cars, here are some photos from a now closed car scrapyard in Switzerland, with M8 and 90 Elmarit-M:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Very nice, Nick! Excellent black and whites. Fascinating how over time the earth slowly reclaims all that has been discarded.

Kurt

ashwinrao1

@ Endre, Kurt, and Nick,

All awesome shots!!!
Endre: You keep finding amazing vintage vehicles and casting them in a unique light. THank you for that! Amazing stuf!

Kurt, I think you have found your soulmate lens in the Noct 0.95....Absolutely, stunning, dreamy images that have a dimensionality that I have not seen before. Combined with your eye, the combo is a creative force!

Nick: My gosh, lovely shots....I processed some images similarly a couple of months back from a vintage car junkyard. You have really captured the essense of the decay of time and inertia...lovely!

THis thread has become the first thing I check in the morning, the first thing I check when I get home, and the last thing I do before I go to sleep. Amazing photos through and through!

ashwinrao1

Missed Commenting on O.C.'s shots...also terrific...that one of the kids is unique, compositionally. Sorry to have missed commenting earlier...

endre novak

Kurt, no Budapest is unfortuntunately not Havanna, what a pity, though :))

Superb images you posted again, tilt works perfect, not speaking about the
2nd image. I can see will have to trade off,- maybe my house,- for a lens to get similar dof,-

Nice b/w-s Nick.

Thanks, Ashwin, too for your kind note.
Endre

Lloyd

Lloyd: It does make sense. Thanks for commenting. Great set of images. The first is a grindstone? Like the piano images. You can almost hear the second one. The selective focus reinforces that sense. Nice color and detail ion the "reading room". Where were you?
Thanks Matt. Yes, the first one is a grindstone... as in keeping your nose to. ;)

Those were taken at Gardner Village in West Jordan.

Lloyd

Like others above who have not visited this thread in a few days, this is a remarkable online portfolio of some very talented photographers. :bugeyes:
Keep sharing ...

At last week's livestock show and carnival; M9 24 elmarit
Nice stuff, as always, OC. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Nick and Endre, the old cars are amazing!!! Great stuff, and more reason I need to get back to Europe!

Kurt: Those Nocti shots are, well, just Wow. That one of the shopping cart is almost unbelievable.

Ashwin: Great shot of Pike's Place, and a wonderful self portrait.

Thanks for all the inspiration this morning everyone!