The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

endre novak

Nick and Endre, the old cars are amazing!!! Great stuff, and more reason I need to get back to Europe!

Kurt: Those Nocti shots are, well, just Wow. That one of the shopping cart is almost unbelievable.

Ashwin: Great shot of Pike's Place, and a wonderful self portrait.

Thanks for all the inspiration this morning everyone!
If for nothing else, certainly a place worth to visit from time to time :thumbup:

Cheers,
Endre

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Steve, whoah...lovely shot! I need to pull out the Noct f/1 for some fun...is yours the f/1 or f/0.95?

I love the processing as well...has a very nostalgic feel.

shtarka1

Steve, whoah...lovely shot! I need to pull out the Noct f/1 for some fun...is yours the f/1 or f/0.95?

I love the processing as well...has a very nostalgic feel.
Thanks Ashwin! Its the latest F1, E60. Love to see you bust out the Noct & create some Magic! :)

DavidE

Incredible photos over the past couple of days, including (but not limited to):

Ashwin’s superb wedding pictures (do you ever rest?)

Lloyd’s ever-sturdy reading annex (with a full Sears catalog collection?)

Jaap’s cobwebbed microscope (from Europe, where the history comes from)

dierk’s foggy forest (that Zeiss 21mm is looking mighty fine)

Kurt’s parking lot shots (please, stop, I can’t afford to buy that lens!)

Nick’s and Steve's old cars (suddenly my garage is looking much more photogenic)

Still digging through the old unprocessed files. More M8 shots from Japan.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

oc garza

Finally getting some time to list at least a few of the clickers here who are sharing some memorable images: Nick, Aboudd, Dierk, Don, Stefan, Lloyd those piano shots would make my wife cry, Kurt in the fog, Jaap's microscope - WOW, & Ashwin - some truly outstanding images, keep posting.

Nick - the Lincoln Memorial shot is outstanding and Endre, the Opal photo, to my eye, is captivating at every level - simple, elegant, colorful and wonderfully composed.

Something a bit different - livestock show carnival, m9 50 lux,

ashwinrao1

Most of the above were taken on a trip to Vancouver, BC, home of the Olympics, before all of the pagaentry of the olympics set in:

Ah, the lovely Vancouver skyline...

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Great Egyptian series. The brown tonality of the last three really seem to fit the subjects. In the first series, the fourth is my favorite. Sort of faded low contrast. Need a long lens to shoot kids on the street these days! Nice. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

John Black

He moved just a moment prior to taking the shot, so focus was a off a bit, but the light... I wish I could have that light on demand :) Both shots with the 50 Lux ASPH on the M9.

otumay

Steve, I have to inform you that I cannot afford a Nocti at the moment. Do stop making me indecisive:salute:

John, I think that amount of focus loss gives the image more meaning. Both shots are wonderful.

Ashwin, your choice of subjects, framing and pp always fascinate me, and these last posts are no exception!

Best,

Osman