The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Seascape

Beautiful shot Per, I would like to think that the Ver. 1 Cron had nothing to do with the image quality.......but I know better :cool:

shtarka1

Incredible photos over the past couple of days, including (but not limited to):

Nick’s and Steve's old cars (suddenly my garage is looking much more photogenic)

:).Thanks David..

Great shot Steve! Wonderful processing. Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Not a lot of practice shooting cars but thought i caught a moment! Thanks Matt!
Steve, I have to inform you that I cannot afford a Nocti at the moment. Do stop making me indecisive:salute:

Best,

Osman
Osman, if you ever come to Boston my Noct is your Noct:)! Thanks!

shtarka1

A few random selections

Ashwin...All Magnificent! Love this B&W especially!
He moved just a moment prior to taking the shot, so focus was a off a bit, but the light... I wish I could have that light on demand :) Both shots with the 50 Lux ASPH on the M9.

Movement Works Positively! Excellent!
Well, maybe I should add a pic instead of just trying to be funny...

Stockholm, Wednesday. M9, -68 vintage Summicron 35/2 (1st gen.).
Per....Superb B&W! Love it!

OC..That Shot is Awesome!

otumay

Osman, if you ever come to Boston my Noct is your Noct:)! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thank you Steve, Boston suddenly climbed up the list of places I'd like to visit considerably:thumbs:
I do own quite a number of Leica lenses, and understand the philosophy behind the Noctilux's design. Currently it serves as an aspiration for me. Who knows, maybe one day...
Thank you again, my friend.
Best,
Osman

dierk

having big hardware problems, I try to catch up with all the great shots during the last time:(

I start with the last one
@Per, the last one with the 35/2 cron is my favorit, shows, how good Leica glass always has bin - in the right hands, of course

@Ashwin, the series from Egypt is super (sorry, I don't know all the more precise English words, that would describe my feelings better), exactly my taste and I like the kids and pantomime as well and many others from previous pages (like the B&W 'COCKTAILS' and the colors from Vault)

@DavidE, the last one with the flower is wonderful, keep digging:)

@Jaap, the microscope is just great

@Endre, you cars are very creative and inspiring

... and so many more

and thanks for all your kind comments to my posts, they are very much appreciated

Lloyd

Holy Frijoles!!! Go away (read: try to do some actual work) for a couple of hours, and looks what happens!!!! Magic, I say, pure magic!

David: Glad you dug up those gems. Very nice indeed.

OC: The "livestock" on the face of that clock are utterly delightful. :D

Ashwin: I don't know where to begin. Your "Random Selections" are amazing, that shot of Vancouver should be used by their tourism counsel to promote the city, and the shots from Egypt have a timeless quality totally befitting the subject. Masterful work.

John: Really nice portraits, and I don't find the focus issue of the first one a negative at all.

Per: That shot is about as good as it gets. :thumbs:

Seascape: Stunning image. The color just leaps off the screen.

DavidE

Stockholm, Wednesday. M9, -68 vintage Summicron 35/2 (1st gen.).
Per, that's a truly amazing image. The lighting and composition are perfect. Some day I want to make photos like this one. Heck, I would settle just for your ability to walk down the street and see the potential in the scene.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
David, Ashwin, John, Per ... two thumbs up!

Our Milwaukee skyline would be certain to include a few ice fishermen. It's been in the 40s all week so these fishermen might only have a day or two left before the ice breaks up.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve. The lens (and an ND filter) are allowing me to separate subjects from their backgrounds to an extent that is much better than I had anticipated ... especially on overcast days (exactly why I wanted to get the lens). Those isolated subjects end up looking almost 3D up against the smooth background bokeh. I used to love carrying around the DMR and 180/2 to get the same result ... I like carrying around the 'lightweight' M9/Noct combination much better.

Kurt

dierk

Kurt,
here is some help for any spring time feelings:)
from today

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

PP: LR 2.6

and another sunset,
moving the camera around at 4 sec. exposure time
at f/22 you may see all the dirt on the sensor

Lloyd

Kurt,
here is some help for any spring time feelings:)
from today

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

PP: LR 2.6
Wow. Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing. (We're expecting snow tomorrow:eek:, and I needed a shot of Spring to get me through it!)

dierk

as my PC seems to do it for one more post:mad:
here is some more from the great

Zeiss C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5