The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

dierk

M9, 18mm Distagon, f/11, single exposure, fully processed in Capture One, sharpened for web in Photoshop CS4 :)
@Daniel,
a picture like a dream, wonderful mood.

Would you like to post is in B&W, it is ideal for B&W as well, I think.

Lloyd

A couple from the weekend. Experimenting with post processing.

Anyone care to explain the angular cut on a couple of the OOF lights?
Interesting processing, looks a little like cross processing, a little foggy. As to the "cut", looks like maybe reflections?

dierk

todays sunset

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

at f/22, moved during 3 sec. exposure
Leica purists may move to the next post:)

Last edited:

Lloyd

thanks, Lloyd
art, I don't know... (seems too big for me)
But the results are very interesting, give it a try and everybody can do it:)
Just because others might be able to do it is irrelevant. They didn't do it, you did. Just because anyone can drizzle paint on a canvas, doesn't make them Jackson Pollock. :D

dierk

Just because others might be able to do it is irrelevant. They didn't do it, you did. Just because anyone can drizzle paint on a canvas, doesn't make them Jackson Pollock. :D
:D:D:D

a definition of art:
10% inspiration and 90% transpiration

Stuart Richardson

boymerang -- I like that look you have going there. Sort of an old filmy sort of thing, and better executed than most of this sort of stuff I have seen. I'd be interested to see more.

Here is a strange little portrait, catching a friend in thought...a little zombie like, but I like it. I probably like it BECAUSE it is a little zombie like...

M9, 35/1.4 ASPH at 1.4, 1/15th, ISO 1250. The M9 sure does low light a lot better than the M8 did! This was with no luminance noise reduction.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
boymerang -- I like that look you have going there. Sort of an old filmy sort of thing, and better executed than most of this sort of stuff I have seen. I'd be interested to see more.

Here is a strange little portrait, catching a friend in thought...a little zombie like, but I like it. I probably like it BECAUSE it is a little zombie like...

M9, 35/1.4 ASPH at 1.4, 1/15th, ISO 1250. The M9 sure does low light a lot better than the M8 did! This was with no luminance noise reduction.
Me thinks she is watching the TELE !

Bob

Lloyd

Don't know if she's contemplating, or just ignoring you. Either way, very nice (and noise-free result). Lovely light on her, with a very nice fall off.

Stuart Richardson

Bob -- nope, maybe she was contemplating her scotch...there were some drawings on the wall though...
edit -- thanks very much Lloyd! It's a lovely bar...the bar at one of the older and more character-rich hotels here.

Alnitak

A couple more from my walk around London yesterday. I love the way the old and new are juxtaposed in London. This is St. Vedast Foster Lane, not far from St. Paul's. M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 160.

Another church buried in the modern towers; St. Mary-le-Bow. M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 160.

And then I just couldn't resist the primroses. M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/1.4, 1/250s, ISO 160.

Jeff